azsd1

Is the rut still on?????

I THINK ITS OVER FOR THE MOST PART THERE MIGHT BE ALIL HERE AND THERE.I SAW 5 DOES TODAY FEEDING AND 2 MILES FROM THEM A SMALL FORK BEDDED DOWN UNDER A PALO

Last couple of days ive glassed up mulie does by themselves and bucks by themselves, then today I watched a small buck with 6 does and they were definately ruttin. i guess its hit or miss. This was in the deserts in south part of unit 21

I haven't seen any sign's of rutting through December or so far in January. Atleast where we were hunting saw a spike with 2 doe's and that was it.

Seem's like a strange year this year with the elk rut so late and not much activity with the deer.

Yesterday I saw some mule deer rutting good. Today was kind of slow. Tomorrow?

I was wondering if the whitetail even rutted at all> 15 days on a stand in NM inteh UNIT 23 Burro Mnt area nd never saw a racked mature buck chasing oreven active scrapes or any scrape being worked at all. It was not just me there were 5 hunters in the group and we all experienced the same thing Even on the AZ side in units 27 and 28 near Mule Creek DONT KNOW BUT IT WAS WIERD

Spent 8 days first of the month in 29 and nothing. No scrapes, rubs or bucks with does. Then went back for 4 days this last weekend and found new scrapes and rubs and bucks with does. So I think it just started down there.

Brian

Started seeing action in 22S on the 9th and 10th of Jan. Nothing last weekend, I think it was because of the storm front blowing in. Hoping that it picks back up after the storm blows through. I've heard that they will start shutting down at the end of the month with the full moon.

Rut seems to be really off this year form what I've seen. Have hunted Coues in NM & AZ since Jan 1st. Seen only two mature bucks with does; one of them in NM I shot at 35 yards after running ahead of them on a ridge and cutting them off. Less scrapes too, most of them didn't have any fresh tracks in them since Jan 10th. Little bucks have been chasing the heck out of some does, panting and tounges hanging out. Big bucks have just been absent. Hope the activity picks up after these storms. The full moon coming up may help kick off the breeding cycle if the does have not been breed already. By far this year has been the worst for rutting activity where I hunt. Good luck.....

Could topic I have sat every weekend from jan 1 till now had does in my setups every time some hung around for 20-30 min and no bucks whats the deal my last day i can go is sunday hope the weather break kicks up some activity,

I hunted north of Phx for 3 days. (Sat, Sun Mon) I found bucks rutting does every day. On Sunday PM I watched 5 bucks all together fighting over one hot doe. I would say it is on.