Sign in to follow this  
elkhutnaz

In the market for a new gun

I am looking at getting a new rifle this year and let me start by saying I sold my 300RUM and I am looking at having Gunwerks build me a new rifle but the $8300 price tag is hard to swallow. I would like a rifle set up to shoot out to 1000 yards (not that I will shoot that) and I am interested in the set up they offer. My other option would be set up my wife's rifle 7mm RUM with a new scope and extra work. Just wondering if you guys have any advice for me, good or bad, still shopping and just trying to get some education. Thanks, Andy

spend alot of time over @ the long range hunting site. Im looking to take a step up and have been reseaching over there. Ive about got it figured out now what i wanna build. Good Luck!

+1 on lrh's website. There is enough material there to keep you reading for a week straight yet have more questions then when you started. There are a few members on there who help train professionals and enthusists alike, and have answered questions for me in the past. I hope you enjoy your reading.

no matter what kind ya get somebody will badmouth it. get a good caliber with a good barrel, good trigger, good action and have fun with it. the more powder it holds the better. Lark.

$8300?! Good lord! I could go to Africa and back... TWICE for that much!

:lol: :lol: :lol: No dount! I had know Idea they were that high!! :blink:

elkhutnaz,

Send TAM a pm... he owns the next gun that I want... I'll probably buy the action (predator action) and have my gunsmith build the gun for me as I already have a barrel.... TAM will tell you all about his and it sounds like the guy that built it is really good and about 1/2 what that Gun Werks price is....

Good Luck...

Gino is right... I am very happy with my rifle. It does exactly what I wanted it to do.

I had a guy named Todd Bettin build it and I'm pretty sure he could build you one for about the half the cost of a Gunwerks rifle. Todd guarantees sub 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards and won't even send it out the door if it won't shoot better. My rifle's best groups have been in the .2's. Even my 9 year old son can hit a 10 inch steel plate at 600 yards with it. It sure takes hunting to another level when you have that kind of confidence in your shooting system.

Here's a link to Todd Bettin's website:

http://www.bettincustomguns.com/

Good luck!