Sign in to follow this  
D-BOMB

new fish and game Gods

I'll bet $100 that all of the money from these stickers gets swept into the general fund and no trail improvements will be seen.

Most of the money is being held by the state and not given to the G&F. The were going to hire about 8 I believe but they only got enough money to hire 4 for the entire state and those posistions are "Lets just see how it goes" and may be lost. I hope that doesn't happen and they get more.

got to love when you its the perfect morning, nice and brisk out with a light sprinkle in the middle of november heading to your favorite spot only to get stopped by fish and game taking there sweet time to check your game tag, hunting lisence, title registration and plate all of which were shown. then to find out you need a ohv sticker. its a new law started last january 1 2009, ok, $25 not a problem, get one as soon as i get home. no not so fast, "turn it around and load it up, i could give you $300 ticket or even take you to jail if you proceed". now an old timer would say "finish your hunt if i see you back up here without that sticker i will sight you" but unfortunately we have some of these new younger game and fish officers with power trips popping off with there infinite knowledge off laws loving the fact that they just screwed you out of your hunt, wow. thanks God for letting me go with a warning and informing me of the new ways you can take my hard earned money. i used to love redington pass befor a few messed it up for alot. now its just a money maker for the state, so @!&% redington and the officers who patrol it!

D-Bomb,

I do not know you from Adam, can you really say that you did not know about the new requirement? If you did not, then the G&F officer handled it perfectly.....if you did and CHOSE not to have a sticker, then you need to step up and take responsibility for YOUR actions.....

Yeah the sticker is b.s....but to ignore it and flame somebody for doing their job (who cut you a break) is irresponsible.

Redman

I see you joined in 06 but I believe your topic was started with your second post

so you must not come here often based on that and the fact this has been talked about many times here or YOU would have know.

It is in the regulations, don't you read them every year, especially the changes in the first few pages?

Anyone who spends a fair amount of time in the field has know about this for more than 2 years and lots of us have replied to posted surveys and attended meetings so I have to agree with all the people that have replied to your topic and say again you were very lucky and are still being lucky since 270 (above) has not responded to your uneducated reply.

Count your blessings, visit more, learn the people and post something positive.

Have a nice evening.

Mike

so @!&% redington and the officers who patrol it!

Sorry it ruined your hunt but that is not the right attitude! I agree, you were lucky and now you know. Get legal and get back out there, have fun and finish your hunt!

but now for a little rant -- that is not directed at you D-BOMB...

I, for one, am REALLY glad these guys are enforcing this law. I personally am sick of the ATVs! We can't go anywhere to have a family picnic or campout without these things screaming down the road. Places that my family used to go to are now just dust bowls. I am a conservative so I don't like "new taxes" either but when I see my desert being torn up...somethings gotta be done.

I know, most of the people here on this site that use ATVs are not the ones causing the problems (I hope). But for me this is such a problem that I don't think hunters should even go offroad to retreive game. If you shoot it you better be ready to pack it out - to the road! It only takes one set of tracks for others to follow!

But if this doesn't get under control via enforcement or something, my conservative self may take a back seat, and I could be in favor of banning ATVs. :ph34r: And before you start in on trucks, I do think it is different. ATVs are DESIGNED to drive fast and hard offroad, especially 2 strokes. Their size, weight, suspension and gearing all lend themselves to true "offroad" exploration. Which is why we are seeing the problem we have today. I also know there are some fullsize fourwheelers out there causing problems too but I don't think it is anywhere near the number of ATVs. By the way, I do belong to a local fourwheel drive club and I would be equally as hard on them if they were to venture from designated trails. They should be punished too. But again, it is a lot harder and not as much fun to weave in and out of bushes/trees with a fullsize truck.

Anyway, we are already in trouble, the Tonto is in the process of closing a lot of roads as we speak... Lets hope we learn fast before they close them all.

be gentle... :P

Well said and I agree with most.

Living within the Tonto I am aware of the coming changes

and have mixed emotions.

I am being penalized because of the weekend worriers

on their two stroke, go fast and tear it up machines BUT

something needs done and I am not going back to posting

what I have several times.

you must be one of the few that like the photo radar too, but your right, i did'nt consider the large amount of game wardens dieing on the job.

No, I don't like them, but I don't blame the guy that puts the paperwork in the envelope and mails the citation. Blame the people who make the laws, do something to change them. I don't agree with OHV fees, but to whine about the WM who is employed to uphold the laws is childish. Maybe we should fire all WMs, It sure would be great hunting for 2 years.

your missing the point, if this officer would have conducted himself in a professoinal manor there would not be a post.

your missing the point, if this officer would have conducted himself in a professoinal manor there would not be a post.

*shrug* And if you had been conducting your activities in a lawful manner, there wouldn't be a post.....

I think the gf could have let you continue your hunt with the promise not to use the quad. That would have been the right thing to do. If the quad stays on the trailer, there is no crime to be arrested for. If it went down like you said it did, I cannot stand it when people threaten their authority like that. My two cents... but it would have saved you a lot of time had you just read the regs before you went out. Good luck in the future.

Just a sign of the times guys...New rules mean new confusion, I think Lark said it best. Terry ;)

Sorry about your hunt. Did you really not know about the law? If you did not then take advantage of the advice that members give on this site. Like others mentioned, every new reg will have all the upcoming changes. Read them and be more informed.

Your post does not say he did anything unproffessional. All it say's is he enforced the law by explaining the penalties and having you reload your quad. Once your quad was back on the truck or trailor you could have continued your hunt the ""old timer way" on your feet.

Lot of rules and regulations that people have taken for granite for years.

The G & F just posted up on their website that people are not following the laws. I hope the crack down harder.

In November on my deer hunt we had a game warden stop into our camp and ask us if we had our stickers. None of us had the sticker so she gave us the option to either park our quads and rhinos for the remainder of the hunt or we could use them and she would have to give us a ticket. I was honest and said i was going to use mine so i would accept the ticket while my friends said they would park theirs. After receiving my ticket we talked a little more about the subject and i must of softened her heart a little bit ;) , because she told me if i got the sticker within the next 2 weeks she would tear up the ticket. I did take care of my end of the deal and she tore the ticket up. I was very impressed with how she handled the situation! She told us all the game officers were told from their boss that after July they were to start writing tickets for the stickers, so my situation could of easily been alot worse. I understand it sucks to lose some hunting time, but it really beats having to pay the fine and go to court..etc! Just wanted to share my positive experience with game and fish :)

got to love when you its the perfect morning, nice and brisk out with a light sprinkle in the middle of november heading to your favorite spot only to get stopped by fish and game taking there sweet time to check your game tag, hunting lisence, title registration and plate all of which were shown. then to find out you need a ohv sticker. its a new law started last january 1 2009, ok, $25 not a problem, get one as soon as i get home. no not so fast, "turn it around and load it up, i could give you $300 ticket or even take you to jail if you proceed". now an old timer would say "finish your hunt if i see you back up here without that sticker i will sight you" but unfortunately we have some of these new younger game and fish officers with power trips popping off with there infinite knowledge off laws loving the fact that they just screwed you out of your hunt, wow. thanks God for letting me go with a warning and informing me of the new ways you can take my hard earned money. i used to love redington pass befor a few messed it up for alot. now its just a money maker for the state, so @!&% redington and the officers who patrol it!

You have to be kidding me ..... Not having your quad ruined your hunt??? :lol: ..... Do you actually read the regs where it is pointed out several times,do you at least look at the highlighted law changes at the beginning of the regs??? Then to get pissed off at a guy enforcing the law that he is hired to enforce .....

1st- You have no one to blame for yourself for being ignorant of new laws like them or not

2nd- Get off your azz and walk and make the most of your hunt with the new knowledge you were given without the big time fines some have recieved

3rd - Someone call the Waaambulance !!!!!

most here like me do not like all or any of the changes and laws we see but it takes a real piece of work to blame others for their own ignorance !! I am sure it is something you have done all your life and learned as a child maybe sometime you will step up and realize a real MAN takes responsibility for his own actions and in your case ignorance ....