Sign in to follow this  
otdrsman

Predator R-15 project finshed

Finally finshed my Predator R-15 project and can't wait to get out and use it! I must say I'm extremely excited considering it's cost me too much money, and way too much time waiting for parts to come in the mail! Posting some pictures in appreciation of everyones help and this site! ! Thanks to Schmitty, Tontotom, Reaper and a special thanks to Christian aka.azcouesandelk for all your help at Basspro and the info on the mini-risers! It's was greatly appreciated!!! I still haven't shot it yet but, fortunately I have enough money left over for bullets!!post-1798-1265861106_thumb.jpgpost-1798-1265861135_thumb.jpgpost-1798-1265861164_thumb.jpg

nice looking rig! I've got the same one, and a couple more! I would recommend one thing for ya though, slide that rear ring back as far as possible before you go out and sight her in. The more you can get them spread out, the stronger it'll be. Just my two cents, but I know you can bend a 1" scope tube fairly easy, so it'd be a bit more secure for ya! Nice lookin gun, is it a .223 or a .204? I've got the .204 and it's a coyote hammer!

Your absolutely right and thanks for catching that Yote! A little too excited getting everything together and missed the obvious! Thanks!

Awesome rig my friend! The camo pattern on the scope, rings, risers and gun make it a complete package. Gotta love the bipod too. Now all you needs some free time and a few coyotes. After you shoot it, let me know what you think of the trigger. Mines got a slight bit of creep, but not bad overall. I’ve been considering buying a Timney drop-in (there’s always some way to spend more money right?). Are you going to use that honeycomb thing that came with the scope? I haven’t used mine, but wanted to know what you thought.

What’s funny is that Remington sells the Byron South version of the R-15 that has the mini-rails on the barrel shield, etc. But half the fun is buying your gun and making it unique to suit you. Way to go…sweet set-up. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Love my R-15 as well.Im shooting the Hornady 55gr fmj/bt out of the box it shoots 1/2'' groups at 100 yrds.I had to intall a 1 1/4''extension to the stock,and the went with the ergo grip.You wouldnt belive how much more control I have of the rifel now.The stock grip sucked!!! Shot a fox the other day didnt need a back up shot!Cant wait to head out too some open counrty and try my luck at some predators out pass 100 yrds, and let them have it.Enjoy...

You will LOVE the Coyote scope. It is by far my best scope I have purchased. Now go get them ant eaters.

Hey Pickup, great looking set up! I'm really enjoying mine as well. Sighted it in at Usery, using the Hornady 55 grain V-max and shot great groups at 100-200 and was tapping the 300 plate with no problem. Coyote Special Scope took me a little getting used to once I realized I wasn't going to get terrific groups but, deffinately impressed with it! Can you tell me where you bought the extension butt plate for yours? I'm thinking I may be interested in placing one on mine as well. I like the ergo grip... I've been looking at the handall for mine. Thanks,

WOW ! What a beautiful rig! What does it weigh? Just curious.... I have an Armalite (certainly NOT lite) and while it's a tack driver with 69 grain Noslers, I think the whole rig comes in at a little over 14 pounds! Used it for this years pig. Did great at just under 300 yards in a 15mph wind. Just a lot to lump it up those mountains in 37A!!!