Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

shipping firearms

I need to know what's the best way to ship a firearm. UPS told me $50 to ship I'm not sure if that includes insurance or not. Should I get insurance do I need it? Anybody know of any other ways to ship any cheaper? Thanks for any feedback. Shipping back to manufacture.

you only need to use an FFL if you are transferring ownership. You can ship a gun to your hunting outfitter, gunsmith, to yourself etc without an FFL.

Not sure whate carrier is best but be 100% sure it is getting shipped to a verified FFL holder.

Just shipping back to manufacture for repair.

Firstcoues - Thanks for the heads up on Fedex, did they make you over night the rifles? UPS told me firearms had to be overnighted?

I just shipped a rifle to New York through the USPS. Most people don't know they will ship long guns. Only cost $20.00. You can get all the regulations on the website. UPS told me $53.00 to ship the same gun

I have shipped a couple of guns back to the factories for repair in the last couple of years. I have shipped them in a rifle box, and took it to a UPS shipping center. The one I did last week was shipped back east for 20 bucks and that included 600 dollars insurance.

Dave

Not sure whate carrier is best but be 100% sure it is getting shipped to a verified FFL holder.

Firstcoues - Thanks for the heads up on Fedex, did they make you over night the rifles? UPS told me firearms had to be overnighted?

No fedex did not make them be over nighted just hand guns

No fedex did not make them be over nighted just hand guns

I guess that's where they get me I'm shipping a handgun.