Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

Done by 9:00am

My wife drew a unit 32 rifle pig tag. We headed out from Tucson early opening morning and arrived at our spot about 7:00am. We spent the next 2 hours checking out a few of our favorite spots with no luck. We decided to move over a ridge or 2 and look a little more. Right as I was about to sit down I saw this pig about 200yds below us. There was actually a herd of about 10-12 pigs but this guy was out front. She and I snuck down about 100yds while our friend tried to video the hunt. We got to about 90yds and I set up the shooting sticks, and told her to shoot the one up front. The 1st shot was a little back, but the second finished the job. It was her first kill with her new Browning Xbolt 300wsm. We had him back to the Jeep, and in the cooler by 11:00. All in all it was a pretty good hunt.

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

I think she was undergunned with that 300wsm! I suggest next time you take somehthing bigger! You guys were in serious danger of getting charged by a pissed off, wounded piggy! ;)

Congratulations to your wife and thanks for sharing. Great pictures! :)

TJ

I think she was undergunned with that 300wsm! I suggest next time you take somehthing bigger! You guys were in serious danger of getting charged by a pissed off, wounded piggy! ;)

Yup you are right Casey! I was a little worried that we were undergunned. Maybe next year I can get her to take my .338 Lapua. That might be a little safer!