Millhouse

E-Call Recommendation

Well, this is my first post on the site. I have been a 'viewer' for over a year, but just decided to enlist! I have made the decision to get into some predator hunting in part by all the good things I have seen here. Was looking at getting the FoxPro FX3 and wondered what you all thought. Anyone recommend a place to pick one up or perhaps a different call all together?

Thanks for be willing to help out a rookie!

Welcome. FX3 is a great call and very popular. I have been using the Phantom Pro series wireless call. Both I would highly recommend.

Its more about just getting out there and trying different calls and techniques.

Good luck.

I sent you a PM

Eric

Check out Wildlife Technologies. There calls are THE BEST. They are VERY loud and EXTREMELY clear. Trust me before you buy a FOX PRO listen to the wildlife tech you WILL be dissapointed if you buy a fox pro and hear the wildlife tech later. If you are up in Globe anytime soon you can call me and I will let you hear the call. 928-200-0166.

Just ask Amanda what she thought of the call. ;)

Clay is right, that wildlife tech call is awesome!! And besides a friend of mine owns the company :)

But they are not cheap, so if you don't want to spend a bunch of money, I hear great things about those foxpro callers.

He may be donating one to the AZ Deer Assoc banquet along with a 1/2 day of calling with him showing the lucky winner how to use the call.

Amanda

So the Wildlife Tech call is more money than the Foxpro? I still want to hear your call Clay I will probably be up in Globe next Tuesday on my day off. I didn't make it up today.

So the Wildlife Tech call is more money than the Foxpro? I still want to hear your call Clay I will probably be up in Globe next Tuesday on my day off. I didn't make it up today.

There is one that is 399.00 and another that is 499.00. So depending on the fox pro model you get it may be more or less. 3 years ago the call was 880.00. BUT WELL WORTH EVEN 1000.00. :)

Clay, do you get to pick the 40 or 55 sounds on the Wildlife Tech call? Or do they give you the most popular ones? I went on the website and wasn't sure. It looks like a great call. Sure takes a lot of batteries.

Clay, do you get to pick the 40 or 55 sounds on the Wildlife Tech call? Or do they give you the most popular ones? I went on the website and wasn't sure. It looks like a great call. Sure takes a lot of batteries.

Yes you do get to pick the sounds. 55 sounds for the Mighty Atom 499.00 one and 40 sounds for the KAS2030. ;)

foxpro fx3 is a great little caller. you can change the sounds anytime you want with a computer at home. they have lots of sounds to choose from. the wt, as i understand it you cannot change any sounds. foxpro has many other callers as well. the fury is supposed to have better sound. i would like to get the prairie blaster someday....i got mine from all predator calls.com . i still get the free predator magazine from him. you can pick your sounds as well.

Clay is right, that wildlife tech call is awesome!! And besides a friend of mine owns the company :)

But they are not cheap, so if you don't want to spend a bunch of money, I hear great things about those foxpro callers.

He may be donating one to the AZ Deer Assoc banquet along with a 1/2 day of calling with him showing the lucky winner how to use the call.

Amanda

Since you have an in at the company will you be stocking them at the CWT.com store?

Amanda

Since you have an in at the company will you be stocking them at the CWT.com store?

I put a call in to him today to find out ;)

I hope to know more soon.

Amanda

I just bought the Wildlife Technologies Mighty Atom 21 from Mark at Wildlife Callers located in Queen Creek. Great guy to work with. You can choose 40 sounds with the MA15 and 55 sounds with the MA21. He took his time going through the available sounds and helping with suggestions.

I was originally going to get a Foxpro FX7 Fury, but after lots and lots of research, I opted to go with the Wildlife Tech. The Foxpro vs. WT debate is all over the predator forums, and bottom line is, guys do very well with both brands, and both have their pros and cons. Just depends on what features are most important to you. With foxpro you can easily download MP3s. WT currently requires being sent back to have new sounds added, and they are pricey at $10 each with a 6 sound minimum. Foxpro can be recharged quickly via a car charger without removing the batteries, which you can't do with the WT. Foxpro has a very nice digital display on their remote. But the overall, the impression I got while reading endless threads coparing and contrasting the two was that WT were louder and clearer, and had more vocalization sounds as opposed to strictly distress sounds. That's what swayed me. I don't need more than 55 if I get the right ones, and having someone from AZ with tons of experience helping you pick and choose helps with the confidence in those sounds. I got some turkey sounds on mine too - gonna see if it'll call the thunderchickens with it too. :) If you give Mark a call, tell him Jason sent you ;).

I just bought the Wildlife Technologies Mighty Atom 21 from Mark at Wildlife Callers located in Queen Creek. Great guy to work with. You can choose 40 sounds with the MA15 and 55 sounds with the MA21. He took his time going through the available sounds and helping with suggestions.

I was originally going to get a Foxpro FX7 Fury, but after lots and lots of research, I opted to go with the Wildlife Tech. The Foxpro vs. WT debate is all over the predator forums, and bottom line is, guys do very well with both brands, and both have their pros and cons. Just depends on what features are most important to you. With foxpro you can easily download MP3s. WT currently requires being sent back to have new sounds added, and they are pricey at $10 each with a 6 sound minimum. Foxpro can be recharged quickly via a car charger without removing the batteries, which you can't do with the WT. Foxpro has a very nice digital display on their remote. But the overall, the impression I got while reading endless threads coparing and contrasting the two was that WT were louder and clearer, and had more vocalization sounds as opposed to strictly distress sounds. That's what swayed me. I don't need more than 55 if I get the right ones, and having someone from AZ with tons of experience helping you pick and choose helps with the confidence in those sounds. I got some turkey sounds on mine too - gonna see if it'll call the thunderchickens with it too. :) If you give Mark a call, tell him Jason sent you ;).

Thanks for all the info on each one it helps. I'm looking to get one just not sure which one yet.

You don't have to send the whole caller in you just order the new sounds and they send you a mini sd card with the sounds on them. It takes 3 days to get them (thats what mine took). As for the car charger I have the rechargable batteries in my Wildlife tech and I also have the car charger which will do 4 batteries in about 10 minutes.

Almost every ecaller out there uses in laymens terms a garge door opener remote that is why you can only get about 100 yards from your call. With the wildlife tech call it uses VHF waves which makes it reach out there 3 times the distance. I have put my call out at about 350 yards and it worked you just have to make sure your batteries are fully charged. They have over 1000 sounds to choose from which are all STUDIO GRADE QUALITY. I have heard the Fox Pro and IMO they are not even close to being as clear as the wild tech.

Take it from me here them both for yourself and you will see what I am talking about. If you want to call in a LION this IS the call to have. ;)

clarity isnt a concern. the animals that these e-callers are mimicking arent intended to have silky smooth sounds. its a dying animal not at all real clear. I use the fox pro and the wildlife

bottom line the wildlife is louder. but with both u need to have a good area and animals that arent call-wise

later darthvader