Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy350

Vanes: blazers, 4in. fobs

Thanks guys! I have seriously been considering the fobs for a while but just couldn't commit to it. I think I will give it a try and see how I like them. I am just a little worried about my rest dropping fast enough, it is a nap quicktune 4000.

Your rest should be fine as long as it is tuned properly. The biggest thing I have noticed with the FOB's is that you have to change your anchor point a little so your cheek is not pushing on the FOB. I have been shooting the 2 inch quickpins, but am going to be trying the 2 inch AAE's here shortly.

The biggest thing I have noticed with the FOB's is that you have to change your anchor point a little so your cheek is not pushing on the FOB.

Not true. Although this can happen, it is very dependent on anchor point location, draw length and ATA length. Most people do not have any contact from the FOB on their face at all (this is my case). Of those who do have contact, some actually prefer it that way and use it as a kind of a kisser button. There are some that do have contact on their face and can't get used to it and that is enough for them to give them up however. I definitely wouldn't let that interfere with your decision to give them a try though.

fobs work just fine shooting through mesh in a ground blind as long as your broadhead is 1 inch cut or bigger there is a guy on you tube that demonstrates this and I have also tried it myself the diameter of the fob is also 1 inch.

I think I will have to shoot these to see for myself. Thanks for the video. :)

TJ

Make sure if you have any problems just to ask or call the number on the website cause sometimes getting your rest properly tuned to where the timing is just perfect takes a couple of tries plus everyone thinks to use these you have to make your rest fall faster that is not the case the fob sits a lot farther back on the shaft than a vane does so your more able to contact a fletch because it sits further up the shaft than a fob where have troubll is on bounce back you would not beleive how much rest launchers bounce back up and that is what contacts the fob sometime easy fix just put alot of felt or mole skin on the riser to cushion the launcher and you should be ok.

3 inch fusion all the way. I have thirty arrows of them if you want something blazer size they make a 2 inch and they fletch up way easier then blazers.

I have tryed all kinds of different fletchings they all work. I liked the fobs i just had inconsistant vertical groups for some reason i would shoot a group all right there and the next would be high or low. give them a try they will shoot.

3 inch fusion all the way. I have thirty arrows of them if you want something blazer size they make a 2 inch and they fletch up way easier then blazers.

I have heard real good things about the new 3 inch fusions. I plan on trying them soon. Some guys I have talked to say the fobs are pretty noisy. I don't know if that is true but I have heard it several times. Maybe some of these other guys can give their opinions on how they compare.

Some guys I have talked to say the fobs are pretty noisy. I don't know if that is true but I have heard it several times. Maybe some of these other guys can give their opinions on how they compare.

All fletchings make noise. The difference with the FOBs is that the noise is directed back towards the shooter because of the airfoil, so it seems like they make more noise. However there were lots of tests done on this with regards to sound at the target, and there was no real difference. I stood behind the corner of my house and had a buddy shoot vanes and FOBs past me and I couldn't tell the difference.

I ordered a dozen on Saturday and they were here today (Tuesday) They come in a bakers dozen(13) Know if I can just pull my bow back more than twice...