firstcoueswas80

anyone gonna be carying new gear this year?

I'll be taking out my Ragen Toy-Hauler and my new quad, Honda Rancher 350ES.

This will all be behind my New Dodge Ram 2500 HD. Since I drew 4 tags and my son 1, they'll be getting plenty of use this fall. Can't wait!!!!!

Albert

Finally got my STS 20-60X80 Swaro spotting scope and Carbon fiber tripod. Been waiting for 3 years for my wife to let me get them. Wait did I just admit that I am (No way!), I was just saving the money(yeah thats sounds better).

amanda, i havent used my tripod for deer yet, but i have stared at some nice antelope and elk with my zeiss atop it thanks!

i bought a new GMC duramax that will hopefully tow my 5th wheel up the hills better this year and behind that is my fairly new suzuki king quad that will save the bashing on the new truck.

maybe a new trail camera i can play with this year and for sure a new pair of huntin boots i have to pay for the elk mount from last year that will be due sometime soon cant wait.

New stuff that needs some good mountain dirt on them...

1. New GMC 2500 4x4 Crew Cab (had to get the four doors for the new addition to the family)

2. New scope on the 7mmWSM

3. Badlands 2200 pack

4. AR-31 Bow for my archery elk hunt

5. Hopefully some new bino's soon (probably Swarovski SLCs)

I will be using a new Savage .270 with a Burris Fullfield II 3 x 9 on top. I hope I can talk the wife into a new pack before November.

Dodger2,

Have you had a chance to test out the Badlands pack? I would appreciate it if you could give me some feedback since that is the one that is on the top of my list right now.

Thanks,

JDH

avion, i have a hair on hide from a bull i killed in '76 in -50 weather. if that thing won't keep ya warm, you're dead. they are heavy, but dang they are warm. keep em in the freezer when ya aren't usin' it. Lark.

Casey,

I bought a new .270 with a 4.5x14 Leupold/BC reticle, and a new .300 Win Mag. both are Customized by Hill Country Rifles in Texas. To transport my new rifles, I bought a new Toyota Tundra.

Thanks,

Sad to say that no new hunting gear to report, but I too am a gear junkie. So I don't need anything but wants are a whole different ball game.

We did get a new Armada with the hopes of buying a travel trailer later but I still have to sell that Buick I STILL have for sale. But worse case we will have to sleep in the tent for deer and rent a room in happy jack lodge for elk. Darn :D

We all are truly blessed. :P

:ph34r:

hime,

I'll be taking the badlands pack with me on my antelope hunt on Sept. 8-12. I will probably have it out in the next couple of weeks scouting for coues as well. I know that it is extremely comfortable and has a pocket for your tripod and one for your spotting scope if you have one. I need to get some more gear to fill the rest of the pockets :P !.

I'll let you know what I think. Plus it comes with a life time guarantee!

Dodger/Matt

Darren,

Is that a new 300 win mag or did you get your ruger customized as well? Which one will you be hunting coues with?

I guess you're right, Casey. I forgot to mention the new pup! If all goes well, I think the Mearns quail are going to be in big trouble this season if Virgil has anything to do with it!! :P :ph34r: