azhuntnut

new moultrie digital trail camera

I bought one of those moultrie digital trail cameras from walmart today and took some test pics outside my house. You can pick up a 128mb sd card at walmart for $20.00 and a six volt battery for an extra $6. This will allow you to take about 300 picks and have 2-3 weeks of use. I have a small portable tv I can take into the field and check my pics or just switch out the disk. The camera costs about $100.00. The pictures were without the flash on. This camera will also take video, but I would step up to a 256mb sd card if you are taking video. David

Dgc_0002.jpg

Dgc_0004.jpg

Super easy. I already like it better than my moultrie 35mm. Now I can check my pictures in the field and just put in another disk and I am on my way. My other one requires 10 batteries.

Wow, those are some clear photos. I might have to go check those out later on.

I bet those are going to be fast sellers! Great deal for a pretty fair camera. I wonder about securing it when it is set up though. Are thee reasonably good points on the case to secure it? Is the case pretty strong one?

What resolution did you shoot those sample pictures on?

I bet those are going to be fast sellers! Great deal for a pretty fair camera. I wonder about securing it when it is set up though. Are thee reasonably good points on the case to secure it? Is the case pretty strong one?

What resolution did you shoot those sample pictures on?

These are a 1.3 megapixal and I have it set on fine. I figured I would run out of battery before I take 150 pictures. The boxes seem ok for security. The case can be locked and the top part of the case can be secured with a cable. If you set them up pretty far from trails and roads, you shouldn't have any problems. My buddy walked past mine about five times this weekend even when he saw the salt pile, he had a hard time locating the camera. I camo mine a little and paint the locks and cable flat black. I then add a few small branches around it to camo it a little more.

BowhuntCoues, good luck killing the deer in the first photo!! That thing is possessed! :lol:

I bought one myself and put it in the field yesterday... Can't wait for the first pics... I went ahead and got the 256mb card for mine... I don't think it will take all six hundred pics on the batt, but hey I always carry more ammo than I'll shoot too... For $100, you can't beat it...

I have 2 35mm homebrews that I was putting off finishing. They may never get done now! Awesome pictures. 1.3meg is not for 8x10 quality, but less than that size, they should be great!

Bowhuntcoues, those are both great bucks!!! Awesome eyeguards and a little trash on the bottom picture. Hopefully he sprouts another tine on his right side. Keep them pictures coming!! That top one may be a large 2 pt. Fling--- on that bottom buck.