Sign in to follow this  
gonzo

congats

I was told to share my buck I harvested on this web site and I thought it would be fun to share. Maybe my ego was involved or maybe it was just to be recognized of harvesting a unique animal, I don't know but I shared. I then turned around to be accussed and ridiculed and my intention was obscured. I shot a buck in the National Forest Service Land.I didn't ambush anyones spot and I didn't screw anyone out of a harvest they may have had. I had a deer come through a spot that me and my friend set up. The deer came in and I shot it, it belonged to no one. I put my tag on it and it turns out IT MIGHT score in the top 5 of the record book. I guess when you kill something that so many spend there time on and don't succeed you take something away. I appoligize for the fact that none of us own the forest service and that we harvest by chance. The chance that we might have a shot at food rather than status. I read about people saying, He stole my spot or he stole the animal I was hunting."News Flash", It Wasn't yours. I am thankful of all the possitive words given to me on this site by HUNTERS that know how hard it is to stay away from places that are full of people with hopes of a harvest. We will fight about spots and water holes to the point that we can't even hunt. We will shoot over blinds that we know are there for are own good fortune at the expense of others. For what? To say I hunted and I am the best. I think not. Human nature for hunters says "if someone is hunting there I will go somewhere else, but today it says,I will steal that blind or camera and they will go away," not in my book. I appreciate the hunters for their ethics and for the rest,"shame on you." Once again I thank those who had good comments and I wish you the best of hunting experiences and to those young hunters out there, Take The Shot, if you miss you miss and if you hit be proud of your kill, you don't need anyone elses acceptance. Take Care Couse White Tail and thank you for helping me learn humility.

It's too bad that some people get jealous over a nice buck. I'm not sure I remember your story but congrats on a nice buck that you obviously worked hard for.

Thank you. You don't remember the storey because it never got posted for some reason. I live in a small town and talk is easily spread. I thank you still.

So, if you're story wasn't posted here that means nobody here was ripping on you then, yeah? I seem to remember your post, but can't recall any bashing. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish man. Sounds like you're preaching to the choir.

Hey sorry to hear people where bashing you! Once in awhile there is some bashing on this site and sometimes it goes on way to long! But I if you are proud of your kill then post it ! If someone doesn't like it they dont have to look at your post, and if they do and don't like it consider the source of the person whining! We would love to see the picture of your deer! If you don't post it PM me a picture I promise I wont post it or gripe about it and say you stole my spot!

Guess I missed the controversy. Public land is just that. Congrats on a great buck, and even moreso if there were lots of people after the same deer. I can't stand the mentality that some guys get when they assume that a deer belongs to them just because they saw it - sorry you had to deal with the negative side of taking a good buck. Unfortunately, these days it just goes with the territory. Take pride in you accomplishment.

If this is the same buck we are talking about then congrats on a heck of a buck no matter what other people may think. Well done. I see no controversy on the below thread but who cares anyway? It is your story to tell and no one should say they know otherwise unless they were there.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...ic=17123&hl=

I see nothing wrong in that thread but sadly thats what happens in the hunting world when you kill a monster like that. Congrats to you on a lifetime buck! Great story as well!

I am not sure what you are talking about either, but if you are upset because I haven't posted the story in the hunt story section yet, I can assure you it's just that I am way behind on posting stuff. I get bogged down in lots of stuff with this site and don't get some stuff posted quickly. This week I am planning on working out the backlog of stuff I have to post and your story was one of them. Sorry for the delay, the site requires a lot of me and I am only one person.

Amanda

Been working on the backlog all morning and hopefully you will be happy to know your hunt story is up! Your pics were already in the archery photogallery, and of course your story had been in the forum, but now it's also in the hunt story section. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and send it in. Sorry for the delay. It seems I am always behind on posting pics and stories!

Congrats again on your fabulous buck. If you have other pics you want added to the hunt story page, feel free to email them to me.

For those that want to read his story:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/hunt_stories/dale_gonzalez.htm

And for those not familiar with the Hunt Story section on CouesWhitetail.com, here is a link to it. There are all kinds of great stories there:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/hunt_stories/hunt_stories.htm

The comments being made are in my town and that I ambushed some guys spot. Everything on here was good until some guy started accusing my friend over stilling his deer 3 years ago so he took my thread and made it about him and brought up controversy so I deleted the thread. It's just not me or my character to do something like that. I just wanted to share this buck with you all and enjoy it my self. Someone was upset cause he didn't take the shot and I did and now I am the bad guy. Just not me. I don't like the fighting around town or on here. Guys have had their stuff taken, guys are fighting over spots or water holes. It's just not me. The Forest Service isn't owned buy these guys. I am just a guy who shot a big deer. The paper here says that there are over three hundred famillies living in the forest so I recomend not leaving your things out if it is not hunting season. To all you guys and gals that had a successful hunt, congradulations for taking the shot!

Amanda, thank you and I was't upset with you or this site so please don't take it that way.

Humility

the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.

I was simply saying that I have learned more about my situation with this site and how to react to it. I have become humbled.

What an awesome buck and even better story!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! Congrats! JIM>

Congratulations on one fine looking buck. It's not every day you see one of that caliber and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ