Sign in to follow this  
megahunter6969

My Hunt

Hey Fellows, a couple weeks ago i posted a topic called my Tags, just telling everyone about how lucky i was! I Went on my 1st ever and last ever Az Buffalo hunt and was Succesfull!!! I posted a pic of the bull that i bagged On the House Rock Wildlife Hunt on Friday! IF YOU EVER NEED SOME HELP WITH A HUNT UP THERE!!! THEN LET ME KNOW<WE KNOW WHERE THERE AT!!!

post-663-1124584590.jpg

You have got off to an awesome start, great job.

Congrats!! Awesome bull! I hear that can be a tough hunt you must know the area well. Just wondering are you the guy that drew 7 tags in a couple States this year?

Congrats!! Awesome bull! I hear that can be a tough hunt you must know the area well. Just wondering are you the guy that drew 7 tags in a couple States this year?

YES Mike, I AM THE GUY THAT DREW 7 tags in AZ,Ut,Co!!! AND WE DO KNOW THE AREA QUITE WELL!!!----VERY TOUGH HUNT!!!

Congrats that is awsome, good looking bull, keep us updated throughout the rest of those hunts.

Congrats! I've heard that is a VERY tough hunt. I hope you've got a big freezer!

You're starting off great! Hope your luck holds out on the next 6 tags! Good luck.

Did you get to scout before the hunt because it was such a quick notice? How many buffalo were in the group? Do you know if the three other hunters harvested one?

I shot the Bull with a 7Mag at about 100 yards with Federal 175 Grain Bullet!!! And i dropped him on the spot! We did not have to much time to scout,because of the short notice,however we know the area rather well. There was only one other bull with this bull that i shot, and he was a bit smaller. However We did see and track a herd of buffalo that had probably close to 60 or 70 head. As of yesterday None of the other hunters had harvested there Bull, But i will be in contact with the Biologist who lives up there on monday, to see how they did!

so we take it that you got a call about a deperation hunt and left with in a few days? does not g @ f show you and point out them to us under that type of hunt? mike

Yes i did get a call from the Dept. And on the House Rock they DO not point to the buffalo and tell you which one to shoot, that is on the Raymond Ranch(FENCED). i have been privaleged enough to have been on 2 bull elk mangament hunts in the last 3 years in unit 1, and killed 350 class bulls near Eager. Ill i can say is on thing for sure, that it does help when youve got the Game Dept. ON YOUR side!!!