Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Help a young hunter get a liver!

This is a question for Sadie's parents or Derek or whoever can answer it. Can a living donor donate part of a their liver to Sadie and if so, does the person have to be a certain blood type or a blood-relative or what? Some people may want to consider making a donation like that and the more info they have the better. Let us know.

amanda,

i'm not sure of sadies exact circumstance but to answer your question YES , "LIVE" liver trasnplants can take place, the liver is an amazing organ in that it is about the only organ that WILL regeneratge itself when part is "cut out" and generally it will regenerate back to the same size as the original... here is a little info........

Liver donation is also possible from a living donor who is a relative of the recipient who can donate half his/her liver. The donor operation is entirely safe and the half liver quickly regenerates in both the donor and the recipient in a few weeks. In the first few days after operation even when regeneration is not complete, the half liver is enough to maintain normal donor functions due to the immense reserve in the liver.

To donate

•The person must donate of his/her own free will

•The person should be between 18-55 years and weigh between 50-85kg

•The person must be a close relative

•The donor and recipient blood group must match

•The donor liver structure / function, as well as the other systems must be normal

•Half of the donor liver must be enough in volume for the recipient

The suitability in the above respects and some other technical points is determined by the Transplant Team in Pre-transplant donor evaluation which normally takes 2-3 days.

great job on the hunt, cant wait to hear more and to get to mount this buffalo for her.

tommy

Amazing................ We are so blessed to have people like Sadie in our lives....... =') Amazing.......

Amazing................ We are so blessed to have people like Sadie in our lives....... =') Amazing.......

Thanks Lance for your help with Sadie's hunt. We are blessed to have people like yourself, Lance, who give from the kindness of their heart. Will you bring some pictures of Sadie's hunt this weekend? :)

TJ

Thanks Lance for your help with Sadie's hunt. We are blessed to have people like yourself, Lance, who give from the kindness of their heart. Will you bring some pictures of Sadie's hunt this weekend? :)

TJ

Yes please Lance! And maybe he will have some buffalo burgers to share?? :)

Hi guys... this is Sadies dad. If its ok with Lance Sadie will be posting the complete details of the hunt with loads of pic's and the most recent updates on her... Sadie almost has it complete....

We are very blessed to have all of you in our lives!!!! A special THANK YOU to each and everyone of you. ;)

Hi guys... this is Sadies dad. If its ok with Lance Sadie will be posting the complete details of the hunt with loads of pic's and the most recent updates on her... Sadie almost has it complete....

We are very blessed to have all of you in our lives!!!! A special THANK YOU to each and everyone of you. ;)

We have been dying to read it!! Thanks for taking the time to write it up Sadie! I am sure Lance will be happy to see you post your story.

The Buffalo Hunt:

The hunt started when my mom and dad were out at the Wild-life Conservation dinner. Eddy Corona asked if I would like to hunt buffalo. So my dad called me and asked me, at first i was hesitant because of how big they are. But then I was like " Lets do it!!" So, right after a softball tournament on May 23, we left to go kill a buffalo! Derek Taylor, my dad, and of course me! On the way up there the altinator started going out..and the headlights started dimming!! We barely made it into Flagstaff! We called Auto Zone..and the lady stayed open late for us so we could get a new alternator! After that everything was great!once we got close it started to snow, in May!!! We spent the night at Jacob's Lake in our guide's trailor! We pulled in at about 2 am! We got up at about 4, and started driving South. We got to the camp, loaded our packs and started still hunting. Withinthe first 45 minutes of hunting, we started tracking, and saw our first buffalo! It was a bull, but it didn't give us time to shoot!! We hunted the rest of the day but didn't see anything! The second day we didn't see anything! But we did manage to get Lance's truck stuck in mud and snow...TWICE!! The third day we were only hunting for a couple hours. We were in buffalo for a long time! We were just still hunting, then lance started calling. I finally got a shot,but forgot to take safety off! Fortunately for me, I got another shot at a Big Cow! Right after I shot, she ran onto the National Park.In the park, you aren't allowed to shoot! We watched her for a long time. She layed down.. figured she was going to die right there. My dad went to get forest service... by the time he got back with them, she was long gone!! We went back out and tried to get another one but didn't see anything else. The 4th day we saw some bulls when we were diving to our hunting spot, but didn't see any when we started hunting! We had to head home because Derek and my dad had to go back to work and I had some doctor appointments to go to.

Last Saturday-Monday we kept getting texts from Lance saying that he has buffalo everywhere but no hunters to hunt them and it was driving him crazy!! So we left on Monday, mid-morning. It was, my dad, my brother Cole, and me!! We got up there at around 4 in the afternoon. So we started an evening hunt..but we didn't see anything!! We got up the next morning, we were just driving roads trying to find some tracks! We didn't see any tracks, so my dad went uo to glass. While Lance and I started cutting tracks, and we told my dad where the freshest's tracks were heading so he could check that really, really good! He spotted a nice bull about 30 minutes away from us..so we hauled butt to catch up with him. We finally caught up with him 1,500 yards later. We spotted him and started sneaking up on him. There was a bush just perfectly covering his body. He started getting spooked so we set up...Then, big brown went down! It took 4 shots to kill him. They were all right in the kill zone! It took my dad about 2 and a half hours to get up to where we were. But by the time he got there the buffalo was quartered and all the meat was off. So my dad started de-boning him. While my dad was doing that Lance started caping it. And as for me, I was taking pictures!!

We called Kyle Frei because he said he would let us use his horses if we needed them, earlier in the hunt! And we needed them!! He had his last client at 5. Which was 4 our time. So right after his last client, he went home, got the horses, and got a trailor! He got here right at dark. He brought his son Hunter, also. My dad and Kyle rode in on horses to the buffalo. They got all the meat and hauled it out. They didn't get back to camp until about 1:45 am!!

Thank-you sooooo much Kyle, and Hunter!

Im sorry you had to go to work early the next day, with no sleep!!!

My Buffalo Joke: What did the daddy buffalo say to the son buffalo as he was leaving for school?

Answer: Bi-son

I would like to give a huge thanks to, Weston (Lance's son), Lance!!!, Derek, Eddy Corona, my dad, the woman who donated the tag, CouesWhitetail.com (Amanda), everyone else who has helped, and everyone else who has given donations and prayers!!

Thanks Again!!

Love,

Sadie Anderson

post-4435-1276631802_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631830_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631849_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631863_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631878_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631893_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631919_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276631945_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276632010_thumb.jpg

post-4435-1276632092_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome Sadie girl! And we have lots more pics than that! We were afraid to set the bull up cause it was on a pretty good hill and i knew it would get away from us and steam roll us down the hill! So the pictures are "How he Lay"! :lol:

You should have seen Sadie and I roll him over to quarter the other side! Woo! :blink:

post-669-1276635436_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the story Sadie. You did an awesome jobe with it and the pictures were great also. A big congratulations again on your buffalo. I really liked the Bi-son joke! :lol: I have got to use that one. :)

TJ

Nice write up Sadiebug! Congrats again and Briley laughed when she read your joke! :lol: