Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Help a young hunter get a liver!

Thanks everybody for all you are doing. Your response has been Awesome and is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me or email me. We will be having the drawing for the raffles on July 15th at the Outdoor Experience For All Banquet. This is an amazing organization that makes dreams come true for a lot of children. Visit their website for more info on the event. Thanks again to all of you that are helping this wonderful little girl.

Derek 480-223-2775. Couescrzy@AOL.com

If you want to email your friends to help, you can send them the link to the post here with all the information and photos. It's a quick and easy way to spread the word. Then people don't have to worry about attachments and downloads.

here is the link:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=18820&hl=

Sorry, you can't just copy the link above because the forum shortens it, but if you click on it first and then cut and paste it out of your browser address bar, you should get the full address.

This is a great way to help out a young girl going through some tough times no child should have to go through ever. I hope we can all rally around and help her out in any way we can even if its just prayer for fast healing. God Bless her and her family.

hey Derek - I know there is no way to predict what kind of expense the Anderson family may face. I know you'd like to raise as much money as possible - Is there a goal right now - and how much has been rasied . It would be nice to show the progress being made - just a thought! - Gary

Will post on my site and buy a ticket as well.

Marshall

I was able to get in touch with one of our sponsors, Lance Crowther of Timberland Outfitters and he is willing to donate his time (and his crews) to help Sadie get a buffalo. Lance and his guides are up buffalo hunting as we speak. They have lots of experience up there with the buffalo. Lance will coordinate with Derek, who will also be helping and is also lining up a bunch of other guys to help.

And this morning, our own TomGobbler said he would donate the taxidermy work to get Sadie's buffalo mounted, assuming she gets one.

Thank you to all our members who are stepping up with donations of time, money and talents to this effort. It's really great to see everyone pull together for this. Let's hope the best for Sadie.

Hi guys! I just registered to this site to let anyone in the Prescott area that is interested in buying some tickets to get a hold of me, I have a bunch. This young lady is a great little hunter and anything we can do for her will be greatly appreciated by her family!! Derek is the man for putting this all together! I can be reached at azelkhntr@bullerinetworks.net or 602-292-8999.

Thank you

Eric Hively

I know this has probably been thought of by those in charge, but there are several childrens and shriners hospitals through out the country that will do these type of things for little or no charge or at least little to money upfront. Their main concern, unlike most insurance, is to save the kid.

Phoenix has one of the best Childrens hospitals in the world. Not sure if they do liver transplants, but they would be able to hook you up with one that does.

I spoke with Derek about the transplant some, if I understand correctly, they have to go to California for the transplant, to a pediatric transplant center. ( I dont remember the hospital) The funds raised are going to help the family live since they will be displaced and taking time off work for about a year.

I just wish I had more to give, things are tight. I have an eleven year old daughter myself, and this whole thing breaks my heart. That smile on Sadie's face is just burned into my mind. She must be a great kid.

hey Derek - how about a little more information on Sadie and her family- We'd like to get to know her a little better!

maybe she can pop on and introduce herself and tell us a little about herself - unless she's hunting , of course- ;) :lol: -

Gary

I talked with Dave, Sadie's dad yesterday. He said he is going to post something on here with a little more detail of everything going on with Sadie and what the family will need. A few of you have met the Andersons , and know just how amazing of a family they are. They are always the first to step up and volunteer when others are in need. They are great people and now its are time to help them in their time of need. All of the proceeds that the raffle earns is going directly to the family to help them with any finances they need help with during this difficult time. For anyone that wants to buy a large amount of tickets or just wants to make a donation we can get you all the information you need to do so for tax purposes. Thanks again for all that you guys are doing to help! If you have any questions please feel free to call me anytime.

Thanks, Derek 480-223-2775

I talked with Dave, Sadie's dad yesterday. He said he is going to post something on here with a little more detail of everything going on with Sadie and what the family will need. A few of you have met the Andersons , and know just how amazing of a family they are. They are always the first to step up and volunteer when others are in need. They are great people and now its are time to help them in their time of need. All of the proceeds that the raffle earns is going directly to the family to help them with any finances they need help with during this difficult time. For anyone that wants to buy a large amount of tickets or just wants to make a donation we can get you all the information you need to do so for tax purposes. Thanks again for all that you guys are doing to help! If you have any questions please feel free to call me anytime.

Thanks, Derek 480-223-2775

Hi everyone that has responded about the raffle for our daughter, Sadie Anderson. We have been blessed by some great friends who have taken it upon themselves to help fundraise for Sadie's medical expenses. A couple of days after Sadie was released from the hospital, two wonderful friends of ours, Laura Campbell (MiMi) and Derek Taylor had this raffle and many other ideas/plans in progress. My husband, Dave is at work and asked me to get on here and fill you guys in on what is going on with Sadie. I will give you some background on Sadie and let you know exactly where we're at right now!

Sadie, is 11, she has two brothers, Cole- (14 yrs), Garrett-(7yrs), and one baby sister, Jessie(13mos). Sadie loves sports, she plays volleyball and softball. She also loves the outdoors and hunting, fishing, camping, etc. She has always been really tough, and doesn't flinch when being poked, or prodded with needles, etc. At 8 years old she was diagnosed with Auto-Immune Hepatitis. This means her body decided to reject her liver. She had probaby had this for a couple of years so she had a lot of damage done to her liver. She was at a stage 3 liver damage. This past December her liver enzymes started to climb and continued to do so for the next couple of months despite increases in her steroids. This past April she was put back in the hospital for another liver biopsy to check the damage and to begin IV steroids. Her liver is now at a stage 4 (which is the end stage). The IV steroids did get the inflammation down and she was able to go back on the oral steroids. We were told to go home start the transplant process, and continue taking weekly blood draws. The transplant center our insurance is sending us to is the Universtiy of Arizona. We are waiting for their team to examine all of Sadie's pathology reports before meeting with us. We have no idea how much any of this will cost, or how soon Sadie will get her transplant. Her doctor informed me last week they will wait until Sadie's liver decides to quit, because having her own liver with lots of damage is still better than having a transplant. This could take place in the next couple months or in 9-12 mos??

We have also been told by a couple of doc's that U of A would not be their choice for a transplant. This has made us look into other options and they would be two hospitals in California. If we have to go there our insurance woud consider it out of Network, and it would cost a lot more. We have been told the total cost for pre - during and post transplant is about $250,000. (the after care and follow up is what is the most expensive) We have no idea how true that is. The Transplant Center is supposed to have specific costs for us and we will get a better idea in the next couple of weeks exactly how much we will need to raise. I hope this clears up some of your questions.

We would really like to thank you for your wonderful wishes, prayers, and generosity in buying these raffle tickets. We will keep you informed of Sadie's progress/transplant adventures.

Thanks again, Debbie and Dave Anderson

Debbie,

Thank You very much for coming on here to fill us in on some details.

I hope to see Sadie go through the process with no issues to speak of and have it be a complete success!

Your dollar figure really puts things in perspective and definitely gives a goal to be reached if not exceeded.

Your family and Sadie are in our prayers.