Buckhunter

New bow -Hoyt, mathews, or bowtech?

Im looking to get a new bow, I currently have an 06 Hoyt Vipertech. I have shot the Mathews z7 Hoyt Maxxis. I have seen some reviews on the New Bowtech Destroyer anyone on the site shoot a Destroyer? If so what do you think? Thanks for your input.

Looking for a bow in the 31-33" axle length.

Chris,

I'm a diehard Mathew's guy, but the new Hoyts are incredible, IMO.

Check out the Maxxis 31 or the Alphamax 32 for sweet shooter in that ATA range.

I went threw the same thing, trying to decide on which bow to buy. Didn't shoot the Bow Tec, but about 6 others and went with the Hoyt Maxxis! You won't be disapointed! Ben

All the Class "A" bows are great these days. You really cant go wrong with any of them, you just need to shoot them all to see which one fits you the best. I shoot a Bowtech because I believe that the Bowtech Center-Pivot bows are the quietest bows ever made. Everytime I shoot next to my buddy, he comments on how quiet my bow is. I shot an '09 Admiral and bought one because it felt good for me. I love it.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Destroyer. It is probably a little over-hyped IMO (but then again, I never shot one). If I were to buy a Bowtech, I would stick to a center pivot model.

A few things that certain Bowtech's have that you may not find in any other bow:

Binary Cams

In-Velvet Finish

Center Pivot (Do not need a bow press to change strings or install peep)

If you don't know much about them, here is a video explaining it: Click Here - Center Pivot Video

If I was in the market for a new bow, I would also consider the Elite line. I like the z28. The Elite bows have a "no questions asked" lifetime warranty that stays with the bow and even if it is sold to another person (much like Badland's warranty). If you break the bow, of even if you break a string, they will overnight a loaner bow to you free of charge. I love companies that stand behind their stuff like that.

I was planning on getting a Bowtech Destroyer - love my Allegiance. But, I'm starting to hear such good things about the new Hoyts, I wouldn't plop down that much cash without shooting them both side by side. I've never owned a Hoyt, but they've always made good bows. I've heard great things about the Mathews Switchback (older), and my first "top shelf" bow was a Mathews Conquest which is still a great bow.

I agree with the other posters here, that pretty much all of the bow manufacturers are putting out some great bows, and Matthews, Bowtech and Hoyt all have some really amazing new bows this year. You just have to shoot them all and see what feels the best to you.

Robert at Broken Arrow archery has a few of those Strother bows in stock. There very fast,smooth and quiet. Also, very reasonably priced. That said, I shoot the 101st Airborn because I like SPEED!

Robert at Broken Arrow archery has a few of those Strother bows in stock. There very fast,smooth and quiet. Also, very reasonably priced. That said, I shoot the 101st Airborn because I like SPEED!

The Strother look to be a good bow in the making....they have multiple bows in the 31-33 axle length. Elite Archery also has some sweet bows....

I would encourage one to shoot as many bows they can...its a big purchase make it count.

There are a ton of really good bows out there... Don't let anybody make a decision for you..... You owe it to yourself to go and shoot a ton of different bows...

btw.. the Elite Judge is a sweet bow... Try it... :)

J

I've always been a die hard Mathews shooter but once Hoyt came out with the new Maxxis, that all changed ;) Shooting is beleiving, go shoot them all side by side and you'll know which one is best for you. Don't buy a bow just because it's the "cool" bow to own or because it looks good, buy one that fits you and makes you smile each time you shoot it! This new Maxxis I have sittin' next to me right now is the baddest arrow flingin' machine I've ever owned and it makes me smile everytime I shoot it! Good luck and get what's right for you! JIM>

I own a mathews z7 and i must say this bow is the best mathews i have ever shot. The z7 won the 2010 head to head bow test on bowsite. All major manufacturers had bows in the test except for strothers they denied having there bow tested. Shoot as many bows as you can and buy the one that fits you best.

+1 on the Strother bow at Broken Arrow, I shot this bow at the shop last week (infinity) and it is a super quiet, smooth drawing bow, Elite also makes a great bow I just won the 2009 Elite XLR at Clint Wells this weekend on top of owning an Elite E-force already and i can tell you that anything that Kevin Strothers has designed is an awesome bow! But shoot as many bows as you can and find one that is cofortable for you, the technology is there in almost all the new higher end bows on the market these days!

+1 on the Strother bow at Broken Arrow, I shot this bow at the shop last week (infinity) and it is a super quiet, smooth drawing bow, Elite also makes a great bow I just won the 2009 Elite XLR at Clint Wells this weekend on top of owning an Elite E-force already and i can tell you that anything that Kevin Strothers has designed is an awesome bow! But shoot as many bows as you can and find one that is cofortable for you, the technology is there in almost all the new higher end bows on the market these days!

Dude how many post are you going to tell us you won a new bow in!!! :lol: :lol: You need to buy a Strother and tie them Elites to a rope and hang them out the boat like the anchors they are! LMAO :lol:

Just mess'in with ya man.

Dont know if your still looking or not. But look at PSE as well they have good bows in all classes. The bow maddeness is the smooths bow i have shot IMO. I shot a mathews conquest apex (high end target bow) for five years. and was looking to buy a new bow and was going to buy a mathews Rezzen then shot the maddness xl and fell in love.

PSE=GOOD BOWS ;) haha

Tyler

In the short bows... I really like the Alphamax 32.... definatly a bow worth test driving.... ;)