standman

Black Canyon Lake Bassin'

My dad and I decided to go hit Black Canyon this morning. We had never been there so this was a new experience for us. Left home at 4:30am and got on the water around 6:30. We did not know what to expect but we were pleasantly suprised at what happened. We ended up catching 39 bass. Largest was 3lbs with most being between 3/4lb to 2lbs. I ended up catching 28 on a Rapala suspending jerk bait and my dad caught 11 on 4" Senkos rigged wacky. Fish were in 5-12ft of water. Water temps ranged from 61-64. We will definately go back as we had a great time. Here are a few pics.

Brian

100_0601.jpg

100_0600.jpg

100_0585.jpg

100b0590.jpg

Nice i was there for the first couple of hours today... I caught a couple trout! ;)

That brings back a lot of memories, one of my favorite lakes! Great job on the bass! JIM>

After reading this post I got to thinking and decided to try willow springs today and try to beet the weekend crowd to some smallmouth. It was a blast 17 smallies and 1 largemouth from 6 to 14". This was my first time bass fishing at what is supposed to be a trout lake. I like them rim lakes, thanks for posting this topic ;)

After reading this post I got to thinking and decided to try willow springs today and try to beet the weekend crowd to some smallmouth. It was a blast 17 smallies and 1 largemouth from 6 to 14". This was my first time bass fishing at what is supposed to be a trout lake. I like them rim lakes, thanks for posting this topic ;)

That is a good mess of smallies! I have only been to Willow Springs once, may have to go back. I have been back to Black Canyon two more times since. Although the fishing wasn't as hot as the first time there, it still has been pretty good. Including yesterday with one that went 3.5 lbs.

Brian

I took the girls up to Willow Springs yesterday, mainly just to get out of the heat and have a good time. We ended up missing a few pretty good ones and landed five smallies all little. We had a small osprey circling us for quite a while before he swooped down for lunch.

post-216-1277666744_thumb.jpg

post-216-1277666825_thumb.jpg

post-216-1277666867_thumb.jpg

any more recent reports?? Where is the closest place to camp to Black Canyon Lake?