Sign in to follow this  
Santana Outdoors

African Hunting

We produced this chapter one video for Ron Price and Gino Wullkotte. Gino took almost 30 hours of footage from Africa, wow! This is the first of about 6 chapters.

If you could watch all the footage he took, you could almost understand what it took for him to be able to get what he did. I know I couldn't of held out that long. Great job Gino and some awesome footage.

The first video on Vimeo is in High Definition (click on the little arrows to watch in full screen), if you do not have a powerful graphics card on your computer it will seem blurred in spots. So I also posted a clip on Youtube, but Youtube only allows 10 mins so the first part is missing.

We will begin offering a service to produce hunting videos in HD that are exciting to watch. If you yourself or know of anyone interested in wanting to capture that once in a lifetime hunt on video please let us know.

This first chapter is of Gino and Ron's encounter with an elephant where they became the hunted!

Hope you enjoy, Eric

http://www.paysonoutfitters.com/servlet/th...-Once-in/Detail

Sweet video! I know Ron pretty good, he was one of my scout leaders growing up! Great Guy!

I asume the hunter paid the tag fee for the elephant he didn't kill, Thats a big money gamble when you hunt dangerous game. Jim Shokey had the same thing happen to him.

I asume the hunter paid the tag fee for the elephant he didn't kill, Thats a big money gamble when you hunt dangerous game. Jim Shokey had the same thing happen to him.

No he did not pay for that Ele cow.... we were hunting Ele Bull..... it was shot in self-defence. We were not hunting her... we stumbled into many groups of cows but this one decided to charge... she had everny chance to leave, started to go, and Bam! We were in her sights.... When I watch the video I get chills each time.... it brings all that I saw and falt right to the front again... Awesome and yet pretty terrifying as well.

Thanks Eric, great job on the Chapter!

When I posted my multiple elephant hunt thread on here last year Gino, you mentioned that elephant hunting wasn't something you were to into.. I think you have now been converted!

AS for paying for the cow, that is way the Zim govt orders a Parks Dept Game scout to be with the hunting group at all times during the course of the hunt.. Any ele (or hippo, buff, lion, etc) to be truely shot in self defense will not be added to the cost of the hunt. The scout will be there to verify and rely the story to his superiors.

If I read C & S's story right, didn't the guy end up shooting a bull and it got away (like in another country), does he have to pay for that bad boy?

If I read C & S's story right, didn't the guy end up shooting a bull and it got away (like in another country), does he have to pay for that bad boy?

Yes he did have to pay for that... insult to injury at that point.... but you know you take that risk going into it.... It still leaves a bad shadow on the whole hunt for him.... a bummer for sure.