JACK

Awsome Growth

I've been back in 4 times looking for that big nontypical and have yet to relocate him. This last trip in I set up a trail camera on the spring I saw him drinking from and will check it in a couple of weeks.

I did see the smaller of the 3 bucks in this area on the trip in yesterday. Also spotted a bear. He was a good one, maybe 250 lbs., chocolate brown and making a glutton of himself on acorns. The hunt is still on in unit 27, but I haven't bought a tag this season since my emphasis has been on this big buck. Here's some photos of the bear.

Bear9-20-05.jpg

BearIII9-20-05.jpg

BearIV9-20-05.jpg

Scott

Beautiful bear, Scott.

You must already have at least one on your walls.

What a temptation!

Mike

Yes we do have 3 rugs already adorning our walls.

I was about 750 yards from the bear. The photo was taken from my video camera which was videoed through my 30x80 Docters. I finally have a new Leica Digilux 2 camera so hopefully I can get some better quality photos.

Scott

If he scraped his velvet he could have gone up higher and be in the thicker stuff up top. He will probably be back down low again chasing does in December though I bet. Thats all I can think of as to where those great big toads go in that country. I looked and looked and looked for that gorilla for a few years ago both in August bear hunting and during November and December and we only saw him those 2 times chasing does. There is alot of thick slopes in that country that deer can stay in and never leave if they don't want too, I think some of the older ones do that. The camera on the spring might provide some good info on him that proves he is still around or maybe traveling only at night. Good luck, you guys are due for a big one this year.

Bret M.

Nice pics of the bear.

That big old buck is probable just holed up some where near. When they get that big and old they are like a different species than them young bucks. Patience and good luck and your tag will hang on that toad :P

Thats right crazy. When Preperation meets Oppurtunity, that is luck.

Scott, it looks like your doing the preperation part, now you just need to get the oppurtunity and you will be one lucky hunter. Good luck on finding that buck. He looks like a brute.

Scott,

I grew up in Eagar and love unit 27 also. We went over a year between seeing the big four point buck that we have posted shed and trail camera pics for. We were sure that he had been smoked by a lion but then one day there he was again. We have looked for him countless times but have only seen him 3 times in about a year and a half. All his sheds have been in that same area. We don't call them the "gray ghost" for nothing! I don't know where exactly your hunting, but I do know that most of that unit is thicker than that amazon and finding the same coues buck twice would be quite an acomplishment. Keep trying and sooner and hopefully not later your persistance will pay off.

I've been working and chasing elk for the last 3 weeks and finally found some time to hike in and check the trail camera. This big buck showed up at the spring and was captured on the SD card! I think I glassed this buck up this morning. He was quite a ways off but I think it's the same buck. Now whether or not this is the buck I videoed back in late August in the velvet, I'm not sure, but I think it might be. He is definitely one to keep an eye on! If I pass on him I know my 15 year old son won't. Can you guys give me a guess at the score?

Scott

SUNP0027crp.jpg

Scott,

I grew up in Eagar and love unit 27 also.  We went over a year between seeing the big four point buck that we have posted shed and trail camera pics for.  We were sure that he had been smoked by a lion but then one day there he was again.  We have looked for him countless times but have only seen him 3 times in about a year and a half.  All his sheds have been in that same area.  We don't call them the "gray ghost" for nothing!  I don't know where exactly your hunting, but I do know that most of that unit is thicker than that amazon and finding the same coues buck twice would be quite an acomplishment.  Keep trying and sooner and hopefully not later your persistance will pay off.

Good mass, awesome G2's, good main beams, I will guess 105". It is hard to tell because the picture is blurry but he looks to be pretty symetrical. Should net close to the gross.

Guest Ernesto C

I will shot first and ask questions later :D The score is 103 or 104?

Always whatch that muzzle