HUNTAZ

Vortex kaibab binos????????

A buddy of mine is looking at buying a new pair of binos, hes looken at the vortex kaibab 15x56's, hes hopeing to get some reviews or comparison between other high end binos! Thanks for any help.

Use the search function on the forum, there's quite abit of info on them and some good reviews.

From my experience they are great glass w/ a great warranty. Fit and finish may not be up to snuff with the big boys, the rubber doent fit as well as swaro or leica glass. They find critters though for sure. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pair.

There should be a review done in June 2009. They were compared at the Marshall Lake gathering last year.

Also search opticstalk.com

Kaibabs are the next best to the Swaro 15x and Leica 10-15x Duovids.

i just bought a pair and Im telling ya i did a side by side comparison for most of a day and saw no difference btween the swaros and the kaibabs you might only notice a slight difference early in da morning and late at night but that is it, would not hesitate to make the same decision again if I had to ! great glass and alot more affordable!

Lat year on a Coues deer hunt, I compared them side-by-side with the Swarovski 15x56s and I could definitely tell a difference. However, they are quite a bit less expensive and the very best mid-range 15x binocular out there. If your buddy is either unwilling or unable to spring for the Swarovskis, he will be very happy with the Vortex. They do have an awesome warranty, too.

When he's ready, make sure he also has a quality tripod and binocular mounting system. Have him call the Outdoorsmans (800-291-8065) with any questions!

I bought them in March, got a great deal at $1015 shipped to me. The manufacture quality is super nice and they are crisp. I have been out a few times but no real sit down and glass for a few hour sessions and I have noticed that a wierd symptom that is hard to explain, it feels like my eyes are crossing ?? I am going out tomorrow to one of my glassing spots, I will get there early so that the heat waves are at a minimal and really see what is going on. If the same thing happens I will send them off to Vortex. Maybe they are out of balance ?? I will report what I find. It is wierd because with all the reviews I have not heard of this and I did not have that problem with my current binos which are the Nikon Monarch 12x56.

When I first got mine it took me a while to get them adjusted just right. They felt weird at first too. Now I've got them where I want them and they have taken my game to the next level. And the warranty is second to none.

the only diff between them and swaros is 1200 bucks. put them side by side you wont know the diff.

Not true- the SLCs are still a notch better than ANYTHING out there.

Even the dealer agreed with me and his margin is better in the Vortex!

The Kaibabs are very good and won't disappoint.

I finally went out the other day and did quite well with the Kaibabs, awesome eye relief. The glass was definitely better than my Monarchs but as far as price go those Nikon 12x56 is still a great deal if budget is a problem. After a half hour with the Kaibabs I got them dialed in and was happy with the outcome. I glassed up two does, one bedded and one feeding at somewhere around 1200 yards swapping from the two binos it was hands down to the Kaibabs. Come on fall!!!

Hello, new to the site. My name is Tony i manage a sporting goods store in farmington,nm. The comparison battle between the Vortex Kaibabs and the Swaro 15 x 56 is a hair splitter. I've sold both and compared the two in the field. I didn't use the Vortex chart but after reading some reviews here, I will definately do that. In low light the Swaro seemed to be a touch brighter and the field of view was better but not by much. The Kaibabs clearity on on picking up on muleys in the sage brush was phenomanal. All the customers that have bought either of these optics and compared them have basically said the same things. When it comes down to it, if you've got the cash and you want the very best glass on the market theres no doubt Swarovski is it. If you're like me and don't make the big bucks, the Vortex Kaibabs are the way to go. Both companies have great customer service, however Vortex is superior. There warranty can't be beat and their customer service is excellent. My vote on which optic to own goes to Vortex. The quality, warranty, and price are the deciding factors for me.