CouesWhitetail

Monsoons!!! And look at the antlers Julie brought me!

Well, yesterday before dawn I was doing owl surveys in the Pinal Mountains and got rained on. Not much, but it counted.... And then later in the afternoon we headed to the San Carlos Reservation to do some surveys and got a lot of rain. Rain all over the place!! Not torrential, but nice rain! We got to our campsite and set the tent up in very strong winds with threatening black clouds coming in on us. It rained much of the night and when I got up this morning at 3 am to do surveys it was raining again. And it was still dark clouds over much of the rez this morning. And it's only 77 degrees here in Globe now. I love it!! Let's hope for a great monsoon season!

post-1-1277487454_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487461_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487475_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487548.jpg

post-1-1277487492_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487480_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487497_thumb.jpg

Oh, and check out the pics of what Julie brought me at 3 am this morning! Our tent zipper doesn't work, so she spends much of the night out running around and when she heard me wake up she came in with this! GOOD GIRL JULIE!! :)

post-1-1277487571_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487565_thumb.jpg

post-1-1277487582.jpg

Sunshine had a nice trip too, although she isn't so obsessed with retrieving antlers...

post-1-1277487610_thumb.jpg

Great pics Amanda. The mirror pic is my favorite. Good for Julie on her find. You have got to get a better tent if you expect to continue to camp in the rain. lol

TJ

Man I know that view in the first pic real well. I know when I am looking at that view that some good times are to be had.

In Queen Creek I was outside about 1 am this morning and you could finally feel some moisture in the air. Won't be long...

Great pics Amanda. The mirror pic is my favorite. Good for Julie on her find. You have got to get a better tent if you expect to continue to camp in the rain. lol

TJ

You are right TJ!! Luckily the tent has an overhanging to keep rain out of the door and we positioned the tent so the door was away from the wind :)

Anyone know someone that works on tent zippers?

Amanda, purchase a new tent. They come with working zippers…

Very Funny....This was a brand new tent and the zipper stopped working after like 2 uses...manufacturer sent me new parts for the zipper which fixed it for awhile, but now it's not working again. I hate zippers!

I just got done washing both of my cars so it is definitely going to rain within the next 24 hours.

Love the mirror pic as well. If the tent is new will the seller just exchange it?

Amanda, purchase a new tent. They come with working zippers…

Very Funny....This was a brand new tent and the zipper stopped working after like 2 uses...manufacturer sent me new parts for the zipper which fixed it for awhile, but now it's not working again. I hate zippers!

We can put a man on the moon, but we cant figure out how to make a good zipper! Go figure.. :lol:

Bla bla bla bla yea nice pictures we get the same here in Yuma the only diference is wind, dust and sand and no rain!! :D

Haha nice pictures Amanda I like all of them. I need to win the power ball or something to move to norther AZ.

Ernesto C :)