Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Thank You

I just thought I would give a shout out the the AZGFD office for getting the results out so soon when I think no one expectected them. Its so often the agency gets bashed for what they dont do. I think its time to give them props for getting the results out so soon imo. THANK YOU.

In complete agreement. Nice job AZGFD. I wonder if the "New" person that got hired in the draw dept. got everything lined up good? That job was open a couple months ago.

Thank you very much. The draw is one complicated process that requires orchestration by many, many workgroups in the Department. Complicated even further by 3rd party tools for providing the results by phone and online. Each draw rears a unique snag to deal with.

Congratulations to everyone that was successful. For those that missed the draw, had an error on their application, or just didn't get drawn - there is still hope. There are more than 5,500 leftover tags leftover, many of those are for deer in southern Arizona (aka Coues') so, set your calendar for the first-come, first-served date of Aug. 2 (by mail only), and starting Aug. 9 you can walk in to a local Game and Fish office, fill out an application and by your permit-tag - in person!

Happy hunting all, and thanks to all the Coues' Whitetail.com members for all they do the conservation of Arizona's wildlife.

Doug Burt, information branch

dburtatazgfddotgov

Yep kudos for sure! I just told a friend yesterday morning that if AZGFD got the results out this week i would go to the store and buy cookies and drive them up there!!! whoooops!!! :blink:

My hat is off to Azgfd. I sure like it when there is some positive reaction going their way. Great post Shelvin! :)

TJ

Do we use the regular application for the left over tags? Also, if we get a deer tag for rifle can I still go during the archery season (I understand that I can get only one deer per year). I just want to know if I can go during both season's until I get one.

Do we use the regular application for the left over tags? Also, if we get a deer tag for rifle can I still go during the archery season (I understand that I can get only one deer per year). I just want to know if I can go during both season's until I get one.

short answer: Yes, yes.

Yeah It was like Xmass came early this year when the tags came out....

You better do it Eric!! And wear a CW.com shirt when you go!!

Lol ya I will next week :)

Yeah It was like Xmass came early this year when the tags came out....

Though the Grinch stole my Christmas (no tag here). I agree it was nice to get the results as soon as we did. Kudos!!

Cmon Leftovers!!

Thank you very much. The draw is one complicated process that requires orchestration by many, many workgroups in the Department. Complicated even further by 3rd party tools for providing the results by phone and online. Each draw rears a unique snag to deal with.

Congratulations to everyone that was successful. For those that missed the draw, had an error on their application, or just didn't get drawn - there is still hope. There are more than 5,500 leftover tags leftover, many of those are for deer in southern Arizona (aka Coues') so, set your calendar for the first-come, first-served date of Aug. 2 (by mail only), and starting Aug. 9 you can walk in to a local Game and Fish office, fill out an application and by your permit-tag - in person!

Happy hunting all, and thanks to all the Coues' Whitetail.com members for all they do the conservation of Arizona's wildlife.

Doug Burt, information branch

dburtatazgfddotgov

Thanks for posting here, Doug. It's good to know that AZGFD has their finger on the pulse of the hunting community. Or at least cares enough to monitor and comment on our very own CWT.com forum. (Maybe you should hire me. But you'll want to pay me a salary. With all the time I'm on here, paying me hourly would get very expensive. :lol: )