Sign in to follow this  
deserthunter23

15D Sheep Tag

Well,After years of putting in I drew a sheep tag in unit 15D.I am so stoked(and thankful) As like alot of folk in our great US of A the economy has stung a little for the last few yrs,not griping we are all in it.I dont know if I can afford a guide so was hoping for any info anyone would like to share.Have already had some great responses from fellow members here ,thank you for that!Anyway am very respectful of a persons private honey holes ,but since sheep is a once in a lifetime,anyone whos done this already ,any info would be greatly appreciated.Also not looking for a substitute for worn boot leather,I do plan on scouting as many times as possible between now and December.Good luck to all who drew any tags this year ,Steve

The unit WM should contact you before long. If you don't hear anything or if you want to get a jump on it email Gunnar Erickson at the Kingman office. GErickson@AZGFD.gov He's a great guy and will be able to point you in the right direction.

Congrats on the tag! Definitely contact Gunnar. Also be sure to plan on attending the ADBSS seminar, you should be hearing from them. Best of luck on a once in a lifetime experience. Don't stress too much.

Regards,

Mike

My brother had the tag about three years ago and went without a guide.He hunted with a bow for most of the hunt and got shots.He finally picked up the rifle and shot a 155.We never had problems finding good rams to stalk.There is a big mesa on the south end of unit that is a big walk,but has big sheep.As long as you are good at glassing,then you do not need a guide on this hunt.

Wow!!! Gino those sheep are awesome,thanks alot,thanks for the email too.I havent ruled out a guide just trying to make it work .This tag of course is my # 1 concern and goal,also drew a 12BW Oct deer tag, and a late 22N bull tag..........tough troubles to have ,this is my year to make it count !!!! tags are hard to come by these days.If ok ,as I think you said in your email, I will be calling you if thats ok ? thanks again Steve

Sorry Arthur and Gino too...Arthur Im getting lots of emails and in my state of shock over the tag got a little confused.....sorry,at my age it happens :blink: Anyway to Arthur and Gino and all others who are pitching in with info thanks again.....will try to keep my facts straight,once again sorry and thanks for the help !!! Steve

Great pics Arthur!!!! Why don't you post a pic of the giant you killed???? ;) deserthunter good luck on your hunt!!!

Arthur ,I saw your ram in the pic you have in the Boone and Crocket web site.......wow that is an awesome animal!!!!! thanks for all your help ,will be calling again if ok?