Sign in to follow this  
FrankU

Meat proccessing

We got drawn in 36a this year. We've never hunted in southern Az. Does anyone know where the closest meat processor to the unit is? Hate to haul a deer all the way back to Phx. Thanks

Take a case of frozen 16 oz water bottles for your meat cooler and you will be fine. Just qtr the deer up and stick em in the cooler with water bottles stacked around them, this will keep the meat from soaking in water. They are real easy to butcher too, you can have one in paper in about 1 hour and do the grind when you come home.

hello - i like frozen milk jugs - they can be arranged in variuos ways - I'm sure 16 oz water bottles would work really good also ! they also provide extra water if necessary- always rember to crack the drain plug when transporting meat in a cooler with ice- you do not want any meat soaking in water - or a blood brine !- Gary

Just bring a dozen or so tortillas, some cheese, a can of beans and eat it there. ;) :D

-Bill

I always hunt in 36A or B and usually bring my deer back up to Kingman to process it on my way to Vegas. Now that I am in Phoenix I need to find someone around here who does it well, does not skim and is reasonable. I used to pay 50 bucks in Kingman and thats butcher, and wrap and making sausage out of some.

WGP off of Ruthrof and I-10 has done my last 4 animals, and they do a great job.

520-292-2262

I had good luck with Wilcox Meat, when I used to hunt down south, they use to have a drop off in Tucson but do not know if the still do as my last hunt down there was 6 years ago.

You can give them a call. 520-384-2015

WGP off of Ruthrof and I-10 has done my last 4 animals, and they do a great job.

520-292-2262

+ 1 They do a great job super clean place too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WGP is awesome! Great guys, good prices, and awesome summer suasage!!

I just bought a Engel Fridge/freezer with a solar panel to run it for the exact same problem. We bone out the little things, and put them in an ice chest. Now we dont have to rush out to a processor and don't have to worry about ice melting.