catfish

bow hunter happening

It was great my first time up there and amazed at the course how lifelike it was. It rained quite a bit we went up then pouring rain it was fun.. So how did you like it

I had a blast, but then I wasn't out trying to shoot in the pouring rain! I was there promoting CW.com and giving a seminar on Coues deer.

I got to meet lots of people who love this forum and it is interesting how many of them are not registered members! There are people who read this forum everyday for years and just don't post so they don't register.....always amazes me how many people are like that. Anyway, it was fun and a great time talking with familiar faces and meeting new people from the site.

There were lots of members that did really well in the shoot. I don't remember all the winners, but Brian Rimsza (and his wife) and Ilene Hailey placed really well.

oh, and Couespatrol......thanks for your assistance this weekend with getting members safely to the shoot. Several members were very happy to have met you ;)

Being down here in the Valley and feeling sorry for myself most of the time, I sometimes forget what a beautiful state we live in. I was having fun from the time I left home!

I was working at the registration area most of the time and only got to shoot one course but it was still a treat.

BTW>>>You guys need to buy a generator and invite Amanda to everyone of your hunts...if she brings the espresso machine.

Being down here in the Valley and feeling sorry for myself most of the time, I sometimes forget what a beautiful state we live in. I was having fun from the time I left home!

I was working at the registration area most of the time and only got to shoot one course but it was still a treat.

BTW>>>You guys need to buy a generator and invite Amanda to everyone of your hunts...if she brings the espresso machine.

LOL! Glad you guys liked the coffee :)

Had a great (although soggy) time at the shoot, courses were challenging but fun. A big thanks to the ABA board for all the hard work throughout the Triple Crown!

Sorry I missed your seminar Amanda... Hypothermia was setting in! :P (still can't believe I forgot my rain pants)

On the downside..... 5th wheel did not make it home with us.... too much mud and crud to get it out of camp, will have to go back for retrieval.

oh, and Couespatrol......thanks for your assistance this weekend with getting members safely to the shoot. Several members were very happy to have met you ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes! THANK YOU very much !!!!!!!! Great meeting you.

Just trying to keep this mountain safe for all to enjoy. It was great meeting fellow members. Just wish we could have done it under differrent circumstances!!!

Just trying to keep this mountain safe for all to enjoy. It was great meeting fellow members. Just wish we could have done it under differrent circumstances!!!

CP, it was great to get to talk some hunting with you this weekend....but the side of the road wasnt the best locale!! If you are ever in the verde valley, look me up, I owe you lunch. :P

Amanda, it was nice to finally meet you and visit this weekend.

As for the bowshoot itself, we had a great time, just challenging taking kids shooting in all that rain. Guess when they say "scattered showers", they mean nonstop rain everywhere there is a 3D bowshoot...

It was a long weekend for me we didnt get out anywhere near the time we wanted to (spilt tire so had to wiat till discount opend and bought new set). Then it started raining while putting up my tent:( the next day the bow was shooting amazing and then the rain came and my mental game went away ;( and ended up shooting a 170 very very poor for me:( it got better after i warmed up and even met Amanda and Steve Ward. then the next day i planned for the rain and was in my mind going to shoot amazing and i was on track to shoot 1 down at 17 (169 an alright score) with two targets left and my loop slipped off at about half draw and missed then had to take two more misses witch capped off a poor weekend. For once i very sadly souldnt wait to get back to the valley:((

It was very nice meeting you amanda and steve. Made a nice little purk to an other wise bad weekend

Tyler

It was a long weekend for me we didnt get out anywhere near the time we wanted to (spilt tire so had to wiat till discount opend and bought new set). Then it started raining while putting up my tent:( the next day the bow was shooting amazing and then the rain came and my mental game went away ;( and ended up shooting a 170 very very poor for me:( it got better after i warmed up and even met Amanda and Steve Ward. then the next day i planned for the rain and was in my mind going to shoot amazing and i was on track to shoot 1 down at 17 (169 an alright score) with two targets left and my loop slipped off at about half draw and missed then had to take two more misses witch capped off a poor weekend. For once i very sadly souldnt wait to get back to the valley:((

It was very nice meeting you amanda and steve. Made a nice little purk to an other wise bad weekend

Tyler

Nice meeting you too Tyler! Sorry you had such a tough weekend!

"Guess when they say "scattered showers", they mean nonstop rain everywhere there is a 3D bowshoot... "

LOL!!!

It sure did rain hard this weekend!! I am amazed any of you got some shooting in!!

It would have been a first for me. I had too much homework though. I will be there next year for sure!

My son and I had a great time despite the rain! We were there on Saturday and just waited out the rain. I was amazed at how many bow hunters DID NOT have their rain gear with them!!! What were you guys and gals thinking???

Amanda, It was nice to finally meet you. I wish I had more time to chat!!

Carl