Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Need advice

As some of you know I broke my elbow Christmas Eve. It is healed but not 100%.

I shoot a Matthews Lx. It is made for 60-70lbs

I shoot an accurate consistent 58 lbs.

I have tried for the past week to pull my bow back and can't. I have been using the sling shot exercise thing and my arm is getting stronger, but not enough.

Can I lower the weight on the bow more without worry of it coming apart?

Thanks in advance.

James T.

I'm not sure how long the limb bolts are on your bow. Matthews manual says not to bring draw weight lower than 10 lbs below max. According to Matthews, you are running a risk if you do. But keep in mind each full rotation of the limb bolt equals 3-4 lbs adjustment. So if you want to go to 58 lbs, that is only a half a turn more.

You run the risk of pulling the limb bolts out while shooting and thats not purtty. so if you screw it all the way back in and take it out 4 1/2 -5 turns and see wat its at and if you feel safe take another 1/2 turn out, but remember mathews will not cover it if it brakes. (void warrenty)

check archerytalk.com, you should be able to find a set of used limbs cheap.

back it out to 60 pounds then take as many twist outta the strings and cables that you can that should get you to 58lbs or so

By doing this it will legthin your ata and the bow wont tune as well. just saying

Just a thought, if the problem is the limb bolt can not be backed out anymore safely cause they will not grab enough thread, check out Copper State Nut and Bolt and see if they have bolts that are the just a little longer that match. I dont know if that changes the angles too much to work.

As some of you know I broke my elbow Christmas Eve. It is healed but not 100%.

I shoot a Matthews Lx. It is made for 60-70lbs

I shoot an accurate consistent 58 lbs.

I have tried for the past week to pull my bow back and can't. I have been using the sling shot exercise thing and my arm is getting stronger, but not enough.

Can I lower the weight on the bow more without worry of it coming apart?

Thanks in advance.

James T.

i have a matthews conquest2 41inch axle to axle, and i have shot 8 coues and 4 elk at 50 pounds, Its a 70 pound bow, But all the kills were at 20 yards or less from a treestand. so yes you can if you want. Just ask Gino. Good luck.

post-2340-1280456140_thumb.jpg