Coues 'n' Sheep

First Bull of 2010 Down For Team Mullins

That 3rd on the right side was 24" Wowzers

What a beast Congrats again guys on a job well done.

Not only did the guy pick the perfect raffle ticket he picked the perfect outfitter for the job!

Congratulations to the hunter and the Mullins gang. You guys amaze me with the bulls you get your clients on. Hard work no doubt. :)

TJ

OH MY! :o

congrats to the everyone that was involved in the harvest of that awesome bull!

james

Where is the pic????? I must really be missing something. I can't find the pic and I would love to see it - i need some excitement before my bull hunt! Thanks if someone can point me in the right direction.

Hey guys and gals, I've been offline for a long time now because I had to move into a new house recently and I still don't have internet in the new house! I hate typing on my phone but here I am, I just wanted to get on here and say thank you very much for all the great reply's!! I'm a die-hard CWT.com fanatic and it's because of the amazing group of people here that make up our membership! I wanted CWT.com to be the first to have the pics of this bull and I appreciate Amanda and Gino for helping to make that happen!b

This hunt with Mike Schnable was awesome but was very tough. It took 37 days total of hunting to finally get a shot at a true 400"+ bull! Our goal was to take a bull with a bow and Mike passed up many bulls between 370-395" during those 37 days! These past 2 weeks were very tough, the rains and full moon made it very difficult and we were running out of time as Mike could only hunt till the 4th of Aug. The bull we finally took is one that has been on my wish list for the last few years. His name was "Deuce Jr." and he would only show up on a couple cam pics every year then would disappear. Last Wednesday was the first time I'd seen him in person and it was only because I had guessed correctly where I thought he had moved to after the rains hit. We had a roller coaster of a stalk which took about a mile where we lost em' and then relocated em' before finally getting a good shot. Mike had passed up several marginal shots at this bull at close range and made a great shot in the end at 175 yards!

When I get my internet hooked up I'll post up a ton of great photos and a full write up of the hunt. For the record, Deuce Jr. was at one time smaller than a bull I named Double Deuce, this year he was bigger so we decided he grew out of the "Jr." phase and is now just "Deuce". I gotta thank my family and friends for donating their time, energy, and talent on this hunt, I'm truly blessed to have such a great group of people around me, you all know who you are, thank you! JIM. (Now my thumbs hurt, gotta get the internt hooked up dangit!)

Congratulations on such a great bull Jim and also for your new house, and a BIG THANKS for letting us at cwt. to see those pics. You are right you are a blessed man and God bless you more. We will be here waiting to hear more from you. Thanks again.

Ernesto C

I forgot to mention, in the spirit of upholding our reputation for crazy or interesting bull names, this bull's last name is "Bigelow"! I'm sure most of ya will get it! So, we can now add Deuce Bigelow to the list of our other bulls such as Ron Burgandy, Wilbur, Wrongway, Ocho, Velvet Elvis, CB, Skeeter, etc.!

Hi everyone. I've been a long time reader on this site and wanted to register ( ; nice name) in order to give a shout out to the Mullins and their guides! All I can say is that it was a lot of hard work and sacrifice amongst family and friends in order to accomplish the goals we set for ourselves. I'll let Jimmy tell the full story when we can organize all our thoughts. As you can imagine, we are coming down from an amazing high.

Anyway, I went into this hunt looking for an experience, not just a kill. I truly wanted to respect the tag for what it was. I think Jim and Matt will vouch that we used the tag to its fullest. I got to experience every facet what these animals do during all seasons. As Jimmy said, I spent a total of 37 days in the field. In the end, the most memorable feeling I've taken away is that I know I have created ever lasting memories with what I consider good friends....AND that folks is what hunting is about (my favorite pic attached). The Mullins team has been top notch from Day 1 and I consider this bull just as much theirs as it is mine! Couldn't be prouder of everyone involved. Thanks again guys. I feel extremely blessed for the experience with everyone over the course of this last year. I already miss that addiction of having a tag of a lifetime in my pocket, however I'm looking forward to writing the next chapter together with you guys.

PS. I have to give a quick thank you to Clark Guy for recommending the Mullins team. We have had many conversations about this tag and he has been extremely instrumental in our overall success. Thanks Clark!