Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Colorado San Juan Mountains

I recently spent a week in the San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado photographing the wildflower bloom, peaks, and streams. Spent time planting the tripod in the Sneffels range, Clear Lake, Yankee Boy Basin and American Basin near Ouray and Silverton. Here are some of the photos and a link to many others in the San Juan gallery in the Landscape section of photos.

http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/Landscapes/...957608143_LuvG8

TroutLkEdited720pix_246.jpg

ClearLakeEdited720pix_1111.jpg

Clear-LakeEdited720pix_087.jpg

YankeeBoyBasinSharpSizeResh.jpg

AmericanBsn-2010SunsetEdited720pix_195.jpg

FallsAmericanBsn-2010edited720pix_162.jpg

YankeeBoyBasinEdited720pix_.jpg

Doug~RR

Have you been up the Porphyry gulch road? A family favorite that has beautiful scenery!

AO

I have not. I have seen some others' photos of Porphyry, and it does look nice. I have not driven around Ouray/Silverton since 1994. I have a lwb full-size 4wd pickup, so I cannot do all of the trails.

When I return from a WY antelope hunt and drive back through, hopefully the aspens near Dallas Divide will be peaking.

Doug

Doug,

Great photos of a great part of the county. thanks for sharing and making me jealous of your time up there. Good luck in Wyoming.

-sam

Excellent pics Doug.!

I have spent some time in the San Juans in the past, and there are very few places in North America that are as beautiful as those mountains, especially when the flowers are in bloom. September is also great month when the leaves change color.