looking for help

Help with mounting antlers

Hi. Long story short: I found a pair of antlers from a buck that my father shot a long time ago, and didn't have time to get them mounted before he died 15 years ago. I was with him on the trip so I wanted to put the antlers on a plaque, but have absolutely no idea where to go for this service. I live in the Tempe area in Phoenix, and i would like advice on a shop to go to or something to get this done inexpensively.

You can get a mounting kit at WalMart that will allow you to mount either on a wall or let it sit on a desk.

Do you have the full skull on this buck or just the antler plate?

I've used the kits from Wal-mart and Sports Authority a couple times for my small 2x2 and 2x2.5 :lol: they turned out rather well I think. If you have a dremel it makes it easier, but a hacksaw will do just fine also when you are cutting the skull cap down.

If you like the euro option might try this.

http://masterofskulls.com/

Not sure it would look right for a coues, but I want to try some of his stuff for elk and muleys.

Those are pretty badass idea I think. Have you seen any of them in person? I saw Cabelas was one of their sellers so a trip over there may be in order. I have an old, old muley set from the late 70s I think that my great great grandfather shot. The skull cap broke off leaving me with a problem set to mount. I may give them a try also.