Sign in to follow this  
MangeyJoe

I Bought 2 2lbs. Rainbow Trouts

I bought 2 2lbs. rainbow trout and need a good recipe to cook them on the grill. HELP ME PLEASE

I don't have parsley but it looks delicious

go buy a jar of ZESTY italian dressing - any name brand even the low fat - i pull out a large piece of aluminum foil- I actually use a butter type spread directly on the foil about he size of the fish and pour a bunch of the zesty - lay the fish on it skin side down - then pour more zesty over the top --roll - up foil and then the ends - pop on a heated -hot - on high - grill for at least 5 minutes- depending on size of fish fillets - halibit chunks take like 10 - a side - serve as you like - or just eat it !- quick easy and tastie ! we never need a tarter sause when done this way!

we've tried all kinds of fish this way its great - and we've even used the Zesty on most game meat as a marinade

though I've never used it on a salad - lol Gary

Joe, go to the store and buy:

Green peppers

Tomatoes

onions

cilantro

lemon

butter

Chop out the vegetables, spread out the butter on the fish filets, get aluminum foil, place the fish filets on the aluminum foil along with the choped vegetables just like you saw o the video. You can put them on the grill or cook them in the oven for like 20 minutes. When you get the fish out just ad salt, lemon and salsa or your choice. Huummm man that made me hungry!!

Ernesto C

Oh man, I told you you made me hungry. I just started eating, salmon, trout and tilapia filets..hummm delicious!!

Ernesto C

Thank you ernesto and elkahalic but now I'm taking elkahalic's advise and using the italian dressing idea... Thanks and I'll let you know how it goes...

I can't post a pic, I have a crappy camera, and it was in my belly faster than a camera flash. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!

Thank you ernesto and elkahalic but now I'm taking elkahalic's advise and using the italian dressing idea... Thanks and I'll let you know how it goes...

I have to agree with elkaholic's advise on the italian dressing. I've been using it for years on the meat I put in the ground and it always comes out good. I'm sure there are other marinades but you can't beat italian dressing and don't forget to add a bunch of garlic. Ya can't go wrong! :)

TJ

I guess I am a little late in posting this, but I like to take a small portion of roasted garlic, lemon pepper, and finely diced onions and stuff the trout with it and wrap in tin foil and grill on low heat.

The bar and grill I work for in the evenings here in Montana also serves a smoked trout appetizer, with sweet onion, crackers, cheese, and it is fantastic.

I like butter, lemon, garlic, and onion all wrapped in foil. I don't really care for trout, but that's the only way i eat it.

I guess I am a little late in posting this, but I like to take a small portion of roasted garlic, lemon pepper, and finely diced onions and stuff the trout with it and wrap in tin foil and grill on low heat.

The bar and grill I work for in the evenings here in Montana also serves a smoked trout appetizer, with sweet onion, crackers, cheese, and it is fantastic.