Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Mysterious pics

I have had my cam out for about 7 weeks.

It is a mile hike in on a marked FS trail and half a mile off the steep side to no mans land.

When I get there it has 176 pics.

2 fox night shots

1 bear smack in the middle of my camera

3 rock squirrel pics smack in the middle of my camera.

1 pic of me testing the cam when I set it.

1 pic of me and my dog when we checked it.

168 pics of shadows, blades of grass blowing in the wind etc.

Two days in a row....absolutely no pics

Three days in a row.....no pics

Deer tracks all over in my mineral salt exactly where the bear was standing and the squirrell appeared in my pics.

How did I end up with no pictures of deer on my cam???

Moultrie set on high resolution, 1 pic with a one minute wait???

Very confusing, any ideas???? I was told one idea but hate to think it is true.......

coues deer are sneaky but i dont think that are invisible. well at least not untill hunting season.

could some one have switched/messed with your card??

Those deer are Ninjas.

Were the batteries low in power? I use to have the same problem until I put a 12v battery system with my cameras.They now catches a lot more critters.

+1

Last year I had my camera on a tank with boat loads of deer tracks, big tracks. The only thing I got on it was bears. My guess I was too far off the water to get the little deer that moved in very slow but would get a slow lumbering big bear. Oh well... But I'm a firm believer they are not called gray ghost for nut'n.

Do you have it in a lock box? if not +1 on the possibility of someone messing with the card. If it's in the lock box, check the batteries and indicated above, also, I'd remove the 1 minute delay, you could have a trigger out of camera range, and then have the animal walk through during your 1 minute delay.

Last year I had my camera on a tank with boat loads of deer tracks, big tracks. The only thing I got on it was bears. My guess I was too far off the water to get the little deer that moved in very slow but would get a slow lumbering big bear. Oh well... But I'm a firm believer they are not called gray ghost for nut'n.

"The only thing I got on it was bears."

thats why you got no pic of deer

if the deer are smelling bear they will not going to that spot for a couple of weeks

Were the batteries low? And those deer are very sneaky! :D

1) Someone checked your card

2) Not familiar with moultrie, but either increase trigger sensitivity or move it closer. Grey ghost trick #1

3) Reduce trigger interval, they are sneaking through. Grey ghost trick #2

Maybe its the time of day the deer are coming in. I have a Stealth Cam that will not trigger when its warm out. In the summer the only pics i get are from late at night to early morning.

Good info, batteries were strong enough to take my pic when we checked the cam.

My other cam in the same area has multiple bears and deer until the bears dismantled my cam :blink:

Didn't have a lock box on at the time but I do now have a lock box on my cam.

Gotta win that trail cam competition so I can get my hands on a Covert cam :rolleyes:

I had the same problem w/ my Moultrie. Wouldnt come out of sleep mode. Thought it was the card size. Nope. The batteries. Nope. I called Moultrie who sent me info on troubleshooting. I'm going to try what they told me, send it back and use the year warranty, then never buy moultrie again. It's not worth the aggravation.

Moultries are junk in my opinion, I used the older models w the 6 volt batt. Everything about them sucked. Cuddeback and Covert are much better cams IMO