AZ RANGER

Coues and Dove

Well last week I traded my Oct rifle tag for an archery buck. I may of been able to tag a bigger one if I had been more patient, but I just could not fight the urge.

He ran about 50 yards and expired. Broadhead was a 100 gr. muzzy It was 20 yard shot from my Mathews SQ2 out of a blind.

058.jpg

063-4.jpg

He provided me with some of the most delicious back strap steaks I have ever had.

summer10224.jpg

This buck and a smaller one came in about 45 minutes before and stood behind a tree at 30 yards. He never gave me a clear shot though.

079.jpg

Since I no longer have a deer tag to fill I was able to spend some time dove hunting this afternoon. After school got out me and the boys and a buddy went and tried to get a limit. We fought the rain and wind and my bad shooting and ended up with a few before giving up.

We had a blast.

005-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

My buddy Aaron's Dog. I think he was wishing we could hit something.

004-1.jpg

We got just enough for another good dinner

008-1.jpg

Congratulations on your deer and doves! That's awesome! Love the pics of the kids and thanks for using ear protection for them...that's important!

Looks like some fine eating you got going there. How did you cook the backstraps? what did you coat them in first?

sweet!

it sure is hard to pass those up.

i passed on 2 spikes so far and am kinda wishing i took the shot ;)

nothing like taking the kids out. i think dove hunting is a great intro to hunting

usually lots of action.

thanks for sharing.

james

Congratulations on your deer and doves! That's awesome! Love the pics of the kids and thanks for using ear protection for them...that's important!

Looks like some fine eating you got going there. How did you cook the backstraps? what did you coat them in first?

I soak them in milk for about 30 min, then batter them in cornmeal and flour with a garlic salt mixture and a little cayenne pepper.

Nice job on the deer and the doves. My favorite part of filling any tag or bag limit is the dinner that follows. My kids refuse to eat beef, we've lived off deer, elk, quail, phez, and grouse for so long they always ask what we're eating and if we tell them beef they say they don't want any. :P

Looks like you're raising your kids right! B)

Looks like a good time was had by all :) Congrats on the buck and doves!!

Brian

Congrats Scott, hit me up some time and we will hit the hills! Nice pic with the kids, take care brotha!

That spike has some awesome character!! A wall hanger for sure. A big congrats on your success.