Chef

Coueshunter's NM antelope hunt...

Yes Allen, please fill in the details of the hunt now that Chef took care of the pictures for you! Thank you Chef for putting the pictures in as Allen asked me to do it and I am a computer retard at best. My idea was to get Akuritone to do it for me but thanks a bunch for stepping up and doing this for us and also sending the scoring sheet over to Allen while he sat in the motel room on his bed with the head in his lap! The antelope's head people, focus - focus! :huh:

We had a fantastic hunt. ( me and BrokenBrain). We got to check out the country friday before the hunt and saw quite a few bucks. We sat and talked about where we would go in the morning and decided our best chance was to start out close to what we called the windmill. We had spotted 1 good buck by the windmill on friday and knew we would have a view of the a pretty good sized area that some bucks had crossed so our hopes were high. Sat morning found us set up and anticipating daylight. Once the sun started to come up, we saw two bucks chasing each other way out past the windmill. we also saw three does out about 500 yards towards an area we called county road so we decided to move on up and see what was happening closer to county road. We got close to the does and were glassing them when i took a look to my right and saw a good buck coming across the hills. Kirk got set up and was trying to hold on the buck when he stopped, but the wind was howling so hard it was hard to quit moving. Kirk ended up having me sit behind him to steady the shot and he dropped the buck with 1 shot at 292 yds. it was blowing over 30 mph so his was a fantastic shot. We got over to where his buck was, congratulated each other and were admiring the buck when kirk saw another group of antelope over off to the north. He said "good buck" and handed me his gun. I looked at the buck in the scope and decided it was as big as any other buck we saw and shot him. So we ended up shooting both bucks within 15 minutes of each other on opening morning. What a great trip...........Allen........

Doesn't get much better than that guys!

First hour of opening morning, wow!

Here is another pic that Allen wanted me to share...

(that camo looks like it does a great job out there.)

post-67-1284500312_thumb.jpg