Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Got My Lion Back!

I just got back my lion that I killed with my bow last September.

Jim Hartsock at Southwest Wildlife in Scottsdale did an incredible job and I could not be happier!

Here is the short version of the hunt:

Lion trotted across narrow shooting lane while I just happened to be in full draw. Crawled down from my treestand six hours later and found him a few yards away.

Here is the long version:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...=15146&st=0

My poor German Shepard, she will never get used to this mount!

Thanks for reading!

Mark

post-426-1284511410_thumb.jpg

post-426-1284511436_thumb.jpg

post-426-1284512114_thumb.jpg

post-426-1284511552.jpg

post-426-1284511565.jpg

Awsome job. That is one really nice mt. lion mount. Most taxidermist don't get the face right. Just waiting for mine. Looks like you got your lion mount in a reasonable time, unlike someone elses cat. Nice job

I like the pose, very cool. What broadheads were you using? Looks like a pretty good exit hole. No wonder he only went a few yards

I like the pose, very cool. What broadheads were you using? Looks like a pretty good exit hole. No wonder he only went a few yards

Actually that is the entrance hole. The arrow went diagonally over to his shoulder and did not pass through. I was using Rage 2" expandables.

The mount was going to cost me $3000 and a divorce, but I renegotiated and got it for $3000 and new flooring and paint for the house. So in the end it all cost me $13,000 :ph34r:

Mark

Great job on the lion! I also love Jim Hartsock's work at his studio. He has done one lion and one bear for me and is working on another bear. I love how he wrinkles the face! Here is the lion he completed.

post-4429-1284518573_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1284518602_thumb.jpg

That lion turned out amazing. I don't think anyone could have done a better job, Congrats again and I sure did have a great time hunting with you guys . Hopefully one of you guys will get another tag next year and we can go try again. Take care!

That is one good looking mount you got. Congrats again on your lion. What's $13,000 when you have that to show for it? lol

TJ

now thats a pose

nice