Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Gunna Go Postal!

Alright you all remember the year before last.... http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=10035&hl=

These guys erased my SD card....

And Last Year.... http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=13698&hl=

So this Year the same guys....

Obviously archery elk is right after archery deer... and I had my cam on that tree all summer looking for bulls for Cowman... Archery deer comes around and my Camera is missing DAYS worth of pics then I get a pic of a Log blocking my camera... hence no pics for days at a time! Keep in mind I did avoid the waterhole during when I knew these guys were hunting out of good ethics, but will not be so kind in the future.

THEN!

Then during the elk hunt we had been watching about 30-40 elk rutting in a basin for days and had one bull that was always in the thickets before daylight... we would just catch him leaving his cows in the grey light to head for bed... and knew he had to be watering in the dark so went to the only waterhole near where they were rutting and set up a quick cam.... as we left we noticed a ground blind, and thought it might be another elk hunter, but possibly a deer blind (as my blind was still out as well). Anyhow we figured the cam was safe and they would respect it because we respected their blind. Keep in mind there are no roads to this waterhole. We leave the cam up for about 4 days, while we hunted other bulls, figuring we would surely have the pics we desired upon our return. As I approached my camera, the blind was still there and it was obvious I had an issue... the cam was there but duct-taped inoperable! And a note under the tape "Informing" me that I had errored in putting a camera up where they were hunting! Telling me that the "Flash was scaring away all Their elk." Now keep in mind I had 35 pics on the card and half were at night half in the light of morning/evening.... and all the elk were very normal acting in the pics and multiple pics in most occations (bulls and cows), for day and a 1/2 or so... then nothing... and the last pic before the piture of duct-tape was a daylight picture of a bull leaving the water infront of the blind!

So twice in a month I have been sabotaged by other hunters... it was more than I could bare! Anyhow... I have 2 other CW.com'ers as witnesses....and I (w/o breaking anything) turned their precious elk pop-up into a duck blind.... Hope they bring waders to their next sitting! And if anyone hears this story from the "other side"....please tell your friend that tampering is a 2-way street.... stealing my camera or stealing my pics wastes my gas and time and equipment just the same. I am courtious to ALL other gear I find in the woods (and I find a lot of gear)... I will no longer tolerate those who tamper with my gear. I have had blinds stollen, cameras screwed with and more... I'm done... I am now willing to throw (or take) a beating to stand for what is mine... Bring it on or simply Leave my $hit alone!!!!!

Thank You for reading my Rant! :rolleyes:

Now that was good stuff. Not for what they did to your camera, but what you did to there ground blind. I think I might have made it a tree blind. Way up in a tall pine. :lol: :lol:

Thanks... Don't like messing with others stuff but in this case a message was sent. <_<

dude that is awsome you should of put a trail cam up high in a tree that way you could get a pic of there faces when they find there blind in the pond...... great stuff...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hope all goes well with that, very frustrating for people not to tolerate and put up with each other but when somebody is just flat out asking for it then they deserve what they get..........I have a cam out that has been out for over a month now and I am prayin it survived deer and elk season so far...........

If a guy left a note for me , while I was hunting using cameras or blinds , I would try and find him and thank him for being a good guy. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I think this guy is lucky you only put his blind in the water. If it were me I would have probably waited for that scum bag to come back. I understand your anger trying to do the courteous thing and have him turn around and crap on you. thanks for letting me rant also!!

maybe instead of duct taping the camera inoperable, he could have placed a piece of duct tape over the flash,while he was hunting, then remove it when he leaves.that would have been the polite thing to do.

i'm sure they won't even learn a lesson outta of this.

it'll prolly take an butt whuppin.

i'm with you... don't mess with my stuff and all will be fine.

james

Its too bad that people have to mess with other peoples stuff. You should try to hide a camera and get them on film and contact AZGFD or sheriffs Dept. and nail them. Duck hunting is good too!

That's a tough one man. I feel your pain though. During my archery deer season this year, I had a blind set up on a trail leading to water, around 100 yards away or so. I figured I might have some company on the water, which was the reason I decided to sit the trail. I was only able to hunt after work, so one day around 9 AM I am hiking a two track road into the area when I see a Ford Explorer parked 40 yards away from the tank!! I was pretty frustrated but they were there first so I turned around and left. The next day I go back before light and wouldn't you know it my blind had been stolen!! I knew the risks leaving it out there, but it doesn't make it any better!! The day before when I saw that Explorer I looked at everything on that truck but never the license plate number.

I prayed that I would see that truck in there again sometime during the season but never did.

I first started getting into trail cameras several years ago, but the first time I set one out, someone smashed it with a tree branch. I bought another one and moved it to another location about 2 miles away. Someone smashed that one too(probably the same a-holes). I never put out another trail camera until this year simply because I had such a bad experience starting out.