Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

good luck scotty!

In less than a week Scotty will be partaking in a "old school" adventure.... Returning to the days of Roosevelt, Capstick and Ruark. He will be chasing some big ole angry dugga boys with a doule rifle chambered in the classic 470 nitro express.

Good luck Scott. Shoot straight and remember two triggers!

Good luck Scottyboy.

Been wonderin where you have been lately.

Be careful and we expect a full report when you get back ;)

Thanks guys for the well wishes! 4 days and counting to take off!

It should be a wonderful trip. Back to Zimbabwe hunting cape buffalo with my double. Will be hunting a few other species as well while there.

A couple of good mates are going along too and are hunting a whole slew of critters.. buffalo, giraffe, kudu, etc, etc, etc...

I am as excited about this hunt as any I've ever gone on.

Hope to have a good report on the return! Thanks again!

Some people cringe when you talk about harvesting giraffes but if i ever am lucky enough to get the chance to i sure would not pass it up. I think it would make a awesome rug... down the hallway into a living room or great room... good luck.

Count down to 8 hours til we head to the airport!

On the topic of giraffes, they are a game animal over there just like the buffalo, kudu, impala, etc.. and where we are going in Zimbabwe, they are THICK with them.. They are so plentiful in fact, they offer them for a greatly reduced trophy fee.. They are good fun to hunt (tougher than any buff) that feed alot of folks when one is down and cut up.

Here's a big old bull I took back in '06.. I may try for another one if I get my buffalo early in the hunt!

06giraffebull15111.jpg

Just got off the satelite phone with Scott... He killed a big, old, worn down bull a few days ago as well as a big Klipsringer and a Grysbok.

Rich also killed a 57" Kudu.

They are waiting for the Spotted Hyena other than that they are done!