Sign in to follow this  
weatherby1

1 hot day+1 three year old= 1 great day

Here is the lope my youngest son and I got last weekend. I had been scouting the last month or so and had found a very nice black headed buck. He was always within 500 yards of the same spot. So Sat. morning rolls around and Luke and I leave the house around 4:00.We pull in to the "spot" right at sunup no blackie to be found. We stalked two different bucks thinking that they were the one but no luck. So finally back to the truck to for lunch and a nap for Luke. While driving up to a high spot to glass from I get a text from a friend in Wy. he shot a nice 81" buck.I replied to the text and look up to find a herd of antelope in front of me at abot 600 yd. I get out the spotting scope and low and behold there is Blackie maybe. I spend an hour going though the checklist same number of doe from when I saw him last night same area same black head one horn tilts back a little, but it is 95 degrees and I just cannot see good detail of the horn through all the heat waves. About this time a truck races by they all get up run back where they came from and start to mill around. Luke is still asleep and I do not want to lose an oppertunity at this goat. They are about 550 yd from the truck so I get out sneak up about 50 yards closer and roll him. Hurry back to the truck Luke is awake and says great shot Dad! Did you get him? I said yes and we go and pick him up. After all the looking he is not blackie, but I am still happy. It was a great day and on the way home Luke asked if I could take him hunting again next year. That's what its all about right there!! By the way it is liquid feed from the cattle feeder all over his head and that is what was making it look black. post-4261-1286245993_thumb.jpg

That is one fine goat and thanks for sharing. That is an awesome picture and the memories will forever be with you all. Nice looking son and he sure looks like he is haveing a great time. Doesn't get much better than that. :)

TJ

awesome awesome

Thats cute as heck. That sure put a smile on my face. Thanks for posting.

Mark

Congrats on a nice buck, and that picture is awesome! Congratulations buddy.