Norm Pint

read his obituary in the paper today. just a little short deal in the republic. talked to a friend who called around and said he died in a car wreck. probably the best bowhunter i ever knew. lived in the white mt's for many years. pretty good dude. i know i always liked him. one o' the highpoints o' my bowhunting career was beating him in a impromtu bow tourney we had one night at an indoor range in eagar. i had my new jennings arrowstar smokin' that night. i got home and woke up my wife to tell her i beat Norm. Norm went out and bought one right after that. he shot a lotta big elk. lotta big everything. invented some pretty neat elk calls. i think the "hyperhot" was one of em. really hate to hear about this. does anyone have any more info on what happened? if you do let us know. ol Norm will be missed by all but the animals he pursued. dang he was a nice guy. always had a smile. Lark.

I met Norm through the ABA. Nice guy and enthusiastic about archery. He did a lot for the ABA and remember his arial shoots and his outhouse shot at the smoker when the Bowhunter Happening was at Mormon Lake. He sent me a Hyperhot cal when they first came out. Sad to hear of his death and he will be missed by many.

RR

This is info Dick King posted on Bowsite:

Norm Pint was killed in a roll over accident October 22 around 6AM between Heber and Forest Lakes on his way to help on a hunt for his grandson. He was on his way to meet his son and grandson for a hunt.

Norm has served on the ABA board from its inception 26 years ago, has been a Game and Fish instructor for many years teaching bowhunting to the Show Low/ Pinetop community.

He will be dearly missed by everyone who knew him, he was a fine man with dedication that very few people have.

Ironically, Norm drew a Sheep tag this year after 33 years of applying. He was so excited about that! I hope that was on his mind while he was on his way to his hunt today.

God Bless his soul! If you are the type to pray, remember Norm and his family in your prayers. The days ahead will not be easy for them or any of us that were touched by Norms quite manner and dedication to bow hunting in Arizona.

Services will be at Saint Rita?s Catholic Church Show Low, AZ. Saturday at 1:00 PM. October 29th, 2005

what a rotten dang deal. good guy like Norm finally gets a tag for them stinkin' sheep and then dies. i mean that is a rotten deal. this year was 32 for me missin' on sheep. i might not even put in next year. man, this makes me feel even worse. i bet he was as excited as a kid at xmas. thanks for posting what happened. i'd heard he was going to hunt with his grandson, but had no idea where. well, here's to you Norm. blessings and good things on your posterity. Lark.

You know with all the game he has taken he never got a coues buck! He was waiting for a nice 4 point to come under my stand he passed up alot of small ones and thought one was a mule deer until it turned and walked away.He said he had alot of unused tags in my life he said two weeks at a aba meeting down in the valley. I met Norm about 6 years ago sitting on the aba board never a bad word about anybody and always a kind word no matter what.

We will all miss him dearley

We are hoping that they can transfer his sheep tag to his grandson we have a sheep guy and a camara crew already to help out.

He also had a bull tag in unit 3c and took a old guy about a 340 class this year.

Good by Norm. God speed

Jeff Hough.

I did not know Norm but he sounds like the kind of guy we will all miss, whether we knew him or not.

Folks like him are always giving, helping, mentoring, and doin whatever it takes to make things better for the next guy. It sounds like he got lots of joy out of experiencing things and sharing them with others.

Rest In Peace Norm.

I did not know Norm but he sounds like the kind of guy we will all miss, whether we knew him or not.

Folks like him are always giving, helping, mentoring, and doin whatever it takes to make things better for the next guy. It sounds like he got lots of joy out of experiencing things and sharing them with others.

Rest In Peace Norm.

You coudn't have said it any better.

I knew Norm pretty well. He took the place of my dad as the White Mountain area Region One Rep.early in the ABA. He and my dad were two of the founding fathers of the White Mountain Bowhunters. He did more for bowhunting in Arizona than anyone else I know. He was a wonderful man full of information that he was willing to share with anyone who asked. He never passed up an opportunity to help a young person who was interested in archery. He will surely be missed. God bless Norm and his family. They will be in all our prayers.

Brian Fish

This man was a bowhunter to the core...............and was an excellent representative of what a sportsman should be.

Did you know he invented the cushion plunger?

He was so excited to draw his bull tag, but to top it off with his bighorn tag........well, he doesnt have to wait to hunt anymore.

GO GET "EM NORM!!

Well said BHManiac. I was just thinking that he is hunting sheep in the best place there is!!

I did not get the honor of meeting Mr. Pint but GOD bless him and his loved ones.

!Vaya con Dios!

:D