Nitemann

Late Kaibab Question

Since the late Kaibab hunt is fast approaching I was just wondering what the lucky tag holders were going to be shooting for that once in a lifetime buck. My daughter will be shooting a Remington 700 in 257 weatherby magnum. My little brother will be using a Remington 700 in 264 win mag. Good luck to all and hope to meet some of you while up there. This is a pic of my buck from last year to help get you a little pumped, browning a-bolt in 300 win mag.

IMG_0847.jpg

Rick

I assume the picture is of the early hunt last year?? Do you know the Kaibab well, lots of scouting, etc?? I ask, cause I am going to start trying for a tag(not that I will get drawn) and live a long ways away. I would shoot my 270 wsm if i got drawn.

No it's the late hunt, day after Thanksgiving. Arizona resident and have been hunting the Bab for nearly 30 years with friends and family members. No other place like it.

Rick

I'll be taking two rifles -- a M70 .264 and a custom M700 in .300 Win. mag. I'll probably use the latter, however, since I don't have condor-friendly ammo for the .264. So it'll be a back-up.

Looking forward to seeing you up there Tony.

Likewise. Spoke to Allen last week. Like him, my son and I will be leaving early on Thurs. morning. We'll be driving two vehicles -- a 26' RV and my Durango. See ya in camp!

Boy it looks like the weather is changing for kaibab and I can hardly wait!! Tony don't worry about the condor bullets, just use those cheap flimsy trash bags they give out to carry your gut pile back to camp (what a joke lol). Is Adam's camping in his normal spot from the last 3 or 4 years? Looks like a lot of flat shooting rifles that will get the job done.

Rick

Is Adam's camping in his normal spot from the last 3 or 4 years? Looks like a lot of flat shooting rifles that will get the job done.

A bit east of the intersection of 422 and 429 at Castle Springs. Hector, Allen, my 48-yr. son and I will be in Duwane's camp. Stop by and say hello.