Sign in to follow this  
JLP

1st Buck

My Daughter 1st Big game hunt. We started a little late on opening day, we got to hunt the afternoon hunt. my daughter didn't want to get up in the morning but me and her brother woke her up. We went out to a new area for me. we hunt and saw 5 other hunters in the area, one of the hunters i knew he told me and my dad which roads to take to get to a new area, so we headed off in that direction. When we got there, bang we ran into 4 deer, one was a spike! i told my daughter you want him, she looked at me and to my surprise said "no it's to little" so me and my dad said ok lets keep going. we ran into three more does later but no bucks. My daughter has not shot the 270 she was using so i didn't know how she would shoot. i wanted to take her out practicing but never got the time. So we went around a corner and boom there a mature buck standing there!!! it didn't move and just watch us as we got settled to get the shot off. we all where standing there with our hands in our ears my daughter aiming the gun when i guess she asked " should i shoot him " we all didn't here her, so she just decided to pull the trigger. The deer fell down right in it's tracks and didn't kick or move. we where all excited, she said the gun hit her in the face. but she was fine and was off running to the animal. it was a great hunt and a great year her brother killed his first bull elk a 340 and she killed her first big game. great year so far!!!!!!!

post-4894-1289241171_thumb.jpg

post-4894-1289241215_thumb.jpg

post-4894-1289241244_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome she put it down first shot congrats to her and your son for his bull got any pics?

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing the story and pics! Congrats to your daughter on a great first buck! JIM>

Very nice deer - great deer for a first! :D

"My daughter has not shot the 270 she was using so i didn't know how she would shoot. i wanted to take her out practicing but never got the time." <_< :wacko: