I am calling my kids in here to read them the story right now. Thanks for letting us hunt along with you. That is why This is the best site out there.

That's a great story with many lessons for all of us. Seasoned hunters and newbies alike can learn from this tale. Pictures from magazines as reference for shot placement are ideal for 1st timeres and it was a smart thing to do.

Congratulations to all involved (especially Audra)

I'm a long time reader, (at least 18 months) first time poster.

Congrats on the great first deer! She'll remember that one for a long time :unsure: .

Congrats also goes out to all that was involved. She'll surely be hooked for life thanks to your hard work!

- Fork Horn

Congratulations Audra!!!!!!

That is a great buck!

There are a lot of adults that never have, and never will, kill a good mature buck like that!

You are blessed with an awesome dad.

Mike

To answer some of your questions. We were hunting in unit 31. Her rifle was equiped with a Leupold scope.

After reading Scott's stories last year. I just couldn't pass up the chance to tell one. I'm going to do 3 more before the year is out.

I have a New Mexico hunt coming up in two weeks with my buddy Rusty, who's daughter was featured in this story. My 12 year old daughter has a November coues in unit 36a, which we only get to hunt the last 3 days because of our New Mexico hunt. And Rusty and I also have December coues in 36a.

Hopefully I'll be telling some more really good stories. They will be late coming however, since we won't be coming home everyday.

Guest Ernesto C

Danny,you are the man..............Congratulations to you,your kids,Rusty ant his two doughters................that's what hunting is all about:friendship,team work,having a good time etc etc. Again congratulations and God bless all of you.

How come you and Scott Adams always make hunting look so easy??

Ernesto C.

Way to go Danny!! You make me Proud!!! Tell the youngster congratulations. That's quite a buck for one's first.

Scott

Great post/story! I think that it is wonderful that you were able take such a fine coues with so many helpers in tow!

Congradulatios to all!

Keep the stories coming

:lol:

more smiles and happy potatoes, idaho thanks you!! -m-