Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

2010 britts first bull!!

well with brittanies 2010 year basically winding down, all the hard work and PATIENTS paid off very well for her. this year she has harvested her first pig, buck, and yesterday put the smack down on her 1st elk!! we have been hunting very hard on this elk hunt, she wanted yet again a quality animal and was willing to turn down bulls to get what she wanted. the only thing was this was the first ELK she had saw on her hunt. we hunted four days opening weekend and all we turned up were deer and millions of hunters. no shooting going on, heard of one bull taken opening morning. with only certain days to hunt she was pressed for time but not as bad as other hunts, this one was a month and half long. and an any elk tag at that, so we were locked in for the haul looking for a good bull. well 8 days later and thousands of miles on my truck and countless hours glassing, britt was ready to throw the towel in. she was exhausted and depressed why her hunt was being so difficult. we were having hard tiimes just finding tracks, we were mainly hunting areas that a bull could push to from the hunting pressure. we knew areas that held the elk we just hate competing for spots, so we hike and get high and glass looking for that one hole them bulls will push to, yesterday we found it! as we were contemplating going home and taking the afternoon off, we drove up a lil road that ended but had a great bowl and ridge line working up to some cedar, pine covered hills. i convinced her to take one more hike but planned on getting a top the mountain and waiting till dark to glass. mile and a half later i glassed up an elks hind end as he moved from his morning bed to his after noon bed. we worked across the canyon and found our selves 300 yards above the bedded bull. we got to 230 yards and that was the closest we could get. britt was shooting off my tripod and felt comfortable with the shot so she took it. it was a lil low to what we wanted and the bull went about 50 yards and bedded. we gave him an hour and sneaked down there to check it out, we end up bustin the bull and brit takes a shot at 300 yards and takes one lung out, the beds again and we sneak to 30 yards above him and she sealed the deal. we were exstatic for all the work and stress we had gone through to have it work out in our favor! its been an incredible year for her and for me to be there every second it has been awesome!!! we packed the bull out and got home at two am and woke up in aw that we had harvested a bull! i hope you guys enjoy! 2 weeks and its my turn behind the rifle at some bulls!! see ya

ElkHunt012.jpg

ElkHunt014.jpg

ElkHunt017.jpg

Wow! Way to hang in there girl!!!! Nice job and beautiful bull!!!

LOVE to see these gals out there, my two grand daughters love to get out but have given up on the takin portion, the one took a couple of pigs but pushed the boys forward when it came to the first deer set up, her dad and uncle then got her in a 20yd set up of what they thought might have been a 350 plus bull and she turned to them and said get "Casey up here", 10 year old Casey didn't get that bull but he did manage a 378 bull within in the next few days. Just love to see those girls getting into it.

Way to go Britt.