went out for the last afternoon to try and find a buck. well, about 400 yards from the truck, a buck popped up. i heard them spook and they stopped 200 yards away lookin at me. i was sitting down and had the bipod out. missed the 1st shot, smoked him the 2nd, 4th,5th and last shot. i think heck go about 11"

pix! casey, pix! show us the $$$ congrats on the harvest err!, target practice -m- tell yer pops hey for me and giime a shout to fill me in! -m-

way to go. CONGRATS cant wait to see them pics my friend. Got to love them truck shots.

Casey

Is 11" legal? :D :lol:

I am guessing you got a bit of buck fever on your keyboard....

Congrats. I think.... :P

Congrats on a monster, I'll smoke one for sure that size if decide to take my little boy, if not I'll hold out for a 12" :)

11", he must have been huge to soak up all that lead :)

If you "smoked him" on the 2nd shot why did you even take a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and last shot?

Wow, with that new super duper 300WSM taking 5 hits to bring him down I may be undergunned if I hold out for a big one!

Congrats on your deer, or whats left of him!

Kevin

Hey Casey,

I think that's cool that you got a deer even if it was a small one. Just think of all the people that didn't tag out that given the chance would take you r deer over no deer. Heck, I would've shot a spike opening morning. Congrats

TAM

I think the 3rd 4th 5th shots were celebratory, y'know the old west shoot in the air "yipee kayay" sort of thing.

If you "smoked him" on the 2nd shot why did you even take a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and last shot?

TAM

My father in Law once had a big buck in his sights about 150 yds during a rut hunt. The buck was chasing some does and stopped across a ravine. Leigh fires 1 and misses, 2 and misses 3 and misses, with the buck just standing there. then finally drops him on #4.

He said later the first 3 were "warning shots" and he only aimed on the last one.

Yeah, right....

Anyway, I am trying to figure out why Casey fired 3 warning shots after dropping his toad? Maybe think the 3rd 4th 5th shots were celebratory, y'know the old west shoot in the air "yipee kayay" sort of thing.

He said later the first 3 were "warning shots" and he only aimed on the last one.

I thought that was what you were suppose to do :( :lol: :D