Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

9 mule deer poached

Reward offered in killing of does, fawns near Willcox

A reward of up to $4,000 is being offered by Arizona Game and Fish for information on the slaughter of nine mule deer does and fawns near Willcox last week.

The incident happened sometime before Dec. 1 when the deer were either run over by a vehicle or shot in a field in the Bonita area north of Willcox, and left there to waste, said Mark Hart, a Game and Fish spokesman.

“This is not hunting or done by hunters, this was someone out joy riding and thrill killing wildlife,” John Bacorn, a department manager, said in a news release. “Not only were the deer senselessly killed, but some of the farmer’s crop was needlessly damaged and ruined by the vehicle.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Operation Game Thief at 1-800-352-0700.

From the sound of it, it sounds like they ran them down and hit some with a truck. Hope them @#$%&* get caught and NO PLEA DEALS...... throw the max at them...

Why is this always happening up near Wilcox? This is rediculess why do people do this? I can see if you were starving and had no other way to eat so you took one deer but 9 and leave them to waste come on now geez. these people need to be shot themselves.

What a bunch of Jackasses!!! You know the PETA folks and all those Whackos will blame hunters, and you know there is no way a hunter would EVER do that. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why is this always happening up near Wilcox? This is rediculess why do people do this? I can see if you were starving and had no other way to eat so you took one deer but 9 and leave them to waste come on now geez. these people need to be shot themselves.

Good observation! I am no CSI but perhaps its the same pieces of crap doing it!!

Thats what kills me about poaching. I've known people who did run into hard times and would never dream of poaching and I wouldn't have said anything if they had. Then you get these idiots who run 9 deer over? Or the ones that shoot a buck and take the horns? This may sound bad, but at least the horn poachers have a purpose, no matter how bad it is. There was no purpose in this one, just blantant stupidity. Someone should run them over.