standman

(Jan. Hunt-Success!)Updated Deer/Scrape Pics

Sorry to hear bout the missed shots we have all been there. Did you guys make it to rosey? Any report? Good luck on the hunt.

Sorry to hear bout the missed shots we have all been there. Did you guys make it to rosey? Any report? Good luck on the hunt.

Crappie fishng was slow. Only caught one, had a couple others on, and missed two others. Not many fish caught on Saturday. Nice day on the water though.

Brian

Well after some discussion and shooting and more discussion this is what we came up with. The first buck well he didn't have a chance. The second buck we discussed to aim for the heart before he came in. Well when my dad shot he said he forgot to aim low and just centered the pin. We know what happened there. Now the third one he aim low at the heart but we figured out that he did it with his 30 yard pin. Hence shooting so high. Heat of the moment you never know what you are going to do even when you have thoroughly discussed the situation prior to it happening.

Brian

That is pretty awesome after 71 deer your pops still get buck fever! I hope he connects sometime soon!

We were able to get out to the blind today. No shot opportunities today but we were close. Had a real great buck come in but he chose a different trail to another scrape that we were not set up quite right for. He came in grunting. The thing is where I was sitting in the blind I had the buck broadside at 12 yards but at my dads angle he could not see the buck. Oh well. He will be back. Then we had a big wide two point come in the same exact way as the previous buck and the same thing happened. I could see him and my dad couldn't. I had him at 12 yards broadside then at 4 yards broadside. We thought about trying to switch sides while they were there but we would have just ended up spooking them. We will catch them again another day.

Brian

That is awesome you guys are seeing that many bucks so close, good job. keep us posted

Well I have come to a conclusion that this blind and spot is jinxed. My dad can't go back until after Christmas so today I took my 16 year old cousin to my hotspot. It was a miserable weather day, high winds and lots of rain. The rain finally quit at 11:30 and at 12:00 a nice two point came off the ridge but he took a trail that went by the blind in an unshootable spot. Then at 12:30 a nice three point and a two point came in perfect. The 3x3 was broadside at 20 yards, he drew and released and I didn't have a clue where the arrow went. All I knew was it wasn't anywhere near the buck. Come to find out he hit the elastic strap that runs through the middle of the window from top to bottom. I told him before hand to make sure he was clear of that strap, but he forgot about it when he shot. I tell ya these bucks have nine lives. I don't know what else can go wrong, but if there is I sure it will haunt us. Fun day though. Doesn't look like we will be back out until Sunday. Oh, there have been 5 new scrapes made in the last two days within 20 yards of the blind.

I think they are missing on purpose in anticipation of the big boys getting heated up.

Bob

I think they are missing on purpose in anticipation of the big boys getting heated up.

Bob

They better hurry up because Jan. 1 I'm going to show them how it's done. :lol:

I'm back on the clock then too. When is that,a few days from now? Just wondering not really counting the days ;).