Guest super jumbo

120 coues = what mule deer score

Guest super jumbo

I have asked myself and others this question over the past several years. Strange question i know, but i was curious what people might think is the equivelent of a 120 inch coues deer in mule deer inches. Is a harvesting a 120 inch coues equal to harvesting a 200 inch mule deer? What about a 105 type buck? Is harvesting a 105 coues like harvesting a 180 type mule deer? I first started thinking about this question as a result of out of state hunters looking at some nice coues deer , and not being very impressed. They are used to seeing eastern whitetails, and as a result looking at a 115 inch coues for 15 minutes was plain boring to them(meanwhile i was dumping a load in my pants). Just a fun question, nothing to get to serious about.

Funny thing here, when I was in Africa when ever I shot an animal I would have Scott equate it to a Coues deer.

I would say a 120" coues is about a 210-220 Muley.

Guest super jumbo

Hey fellas lets go gross instead of typical. Let me expand the question by picking diff class animals(coues vs. mule gross scores). What is a 100 inch coues = in muley inches. What would you say a 110 is in muley inches? What is a 120 = to? Always wanted to know what people thought about this. I have had clients ask me this question in the past.I think that a 100 coues deer is = 175 muley, and a 110 is = low low 190's gross mule deer, and a 120 coues is = a 205-210 inch mule deer. What do you think. Thanks for the replies.

Boone and Crockett Club minimums for coues and muleys are 110 and 190 respectively. So to me even if you forget net scores and just compare gross scores a 110" gross coues and a 190" gross muley are about equal.

My opinion for Gross

90" coues=140" muley

95" coues=150" muley

100" coues=160" muley

105" coues=170" muley

110" coues=180" muley

115" coues=190" muley

120" coues=200" muley

125" coues=215" muley

135" coues=250" muley

145" coues=275" muley

150" coues=295" muley

160" coues=305" muley

Guest super jumbo
Boone and Crockett Club minimums for coues and muleys are 110 and 190 respectively. So to me even if you forget net scores and just compare gross scores a 110" gross coues and a 190" gross muley are about equal.

+1

Guest super jumbo

I think i went a little high on the 100 inch = 175 muley. I going to change to 100 coues is = 170 muley.

+1

+1

That is what I would consider the starting point and from there I would just use percentages to make the comparison. For example a 120 coues is approximately 9% larger than a B&C minimum coues of 110 and a 207 muley is approximately 9% larger than the B&C minimum muley of 190. So the way I see it is a 120 coues = a 207 muley. :D

-Tracy

TAM hit it pretty much on the head. Take B&C minimums and compare. I also think it depends on the hunters feelings. I cant see where a 100" coues is equal to a 170 muley, I personally think it is much much harder to kill a 100" coues versus killing a 170 muley. I think 100" coues equals 180" muley. 110 coues equals 190 muley........just my feelings...........Allen..............