Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

anyone know this Idiot in 23

I got this guy and another one in the backround on a trail. In 23 which is a closed unit standing next to my feeder in bright blue jeans, holding a bow. In the last two weeks ive been checking cams I have seen 4 seperate guys bowhunting in 23 for deer.

post-2044-1293161331_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1293161350_thumb.jpg

Anybody that takes the time to go hunting has no excuse for not taking the time to know the rules of what is open and when. Before I go out bow hunting I always double and triple check that the unit I plan on being in is open. Hopefully they were hunting for something like coyotes.

And you know they are bowhunting 'deer' for a fact how?

I say that as I can bet there are a few folks that have me on trail cams around the state with my bow in hand... but last I checked I can hunt coyotes, lions and bobcats outside of archery deer season. But one can bet I was caught on their 'deer' cams so I'm labeled as hunting out of season.

I wouldn't go jumping the gun unless you know for sure the animal they are trying to harvest. Not that I'm trying to defend anyone but I'm not about to call them poachers just because they have bows in the area 'you' are trying to chase deer.

Then again.... they sure could be hunting deer in a closed unit. Who knows.

cmc

I know of one guy hunting 22 with a bow right now for deer but he has a rifle tag

And I seriously doubt that they have rifle tags and just wanted to use a bow instead.

+1

Time and again.............anyone caught on cam is labeled as a thief/poacher/idiot/no good.......with no proof.. At least the guys that get there cam stolen have a legitimate gripe... and that's morally wrong but not illegal..Lucky they didn't take your cam

Wheres the proof they are doing anything wrong?? I guess if he was packin a buck and a bow in a closed unit that would be proof..but he's not...As long as theres a liscense in his pocket he is legal... Lot's of folks out for predators right now..maybe he has a generall tag and can carry whatever he wants??

Isn't the feeder bending the rules, are you incriminating yourself here?? Why did you set up right on a hikin trail??

Accusations and stipulations are just that...I guess if he did get busted for hunting the wrong unit for deer with an archery tag you could turn the pics in to the G&F to help with evidence.. or if he was packing a buck you could turn the pic in and get a reward if they ever did catch him?? Just trying to understand your reason for this thread...

I use a muzzleloader usually and maybe a crossbow in the future for general tags, some guys use a pistol, shotgun or bow.. Also alot of fellas carry a bow only.......remember that

I've seen lots guys carry a high powered scoped rifle in september for lions or yotes while scouting for deer/elk...I didn't accuse them of poachin though... That would be wrong..and maybe dangerous to ones health when face to face.. but you have your cam and the internet so the " idiots" won't get ya..still aint right to accuse....

If you did have evidence of anything wrong or illegal..more power to ya.....

This however is " jumping the gun" .. Let's stick together..the guys in the pics have done nothing wrong as far as we know.....It does stink that they found your spot, ohh well, theres enough woods for everyone.. at least your cam is still yours.

Isn't the feeder bending the rules,

how so?

You are not supose to leave anything in the national forest ! pack it in pack it out - basically one could be citted for littering

rules that may be enforced in the near future -

Well, when they start enforcing the littering law, they better start with bird hunters 1st. try walking more than 50 yards without stepping on shotgun hulls.

Well, when they start enforcing the littering law, they better start with bird hunters 1st. try walking more than 50 yards without stepping on shotgun hulls.

+1

And you know they are bowhunting 'deer' for a fact how?

I say that as I can bet there are a few folks that have me on trail cams around the state with my bow in hand... but last I checked I can hunt coyotes, lions and bobcats outside of archery deer season. But one can bet I was caught on their 'deer' cams so I'm labeled as hunting out of season.

I wouldn't go jumping the gun unless you know for sure the animal they are trying to harvest. Not that I'm trying to defend anyone but I'm not about to call them poachers just because they have bows in the area 'you' are trying to chase deer.

Then again.... they sure could be hunting deer in a closed unit. Who knows.

cmc

You're right. I got caught up in the moment and didn't think of that. I changed my first response.

if they were bow huntind deer out of season I seriously doubt you would still have a camera with their picture on it and you know they saw it if you have a feeder there to so who is the real idiot by the way I have no idea who the are other than some idiot that didnt steal your camera

Glad someone finally brought this subject up. :( Where I've been dove hunting there are hundreds if not thousands of shotgun shells on the ground and it just make me sick to think anyone could think it is alright not to pick them up. I personally try and pick everyone of mine up. I don't always because of chasing a down bird but I make up for it by picking up empties while I'm waiting on birds. I usually have a bag full at the end of the day and wished more bird hunters would do the same. Sorry to get carried away and changing the message of the post. :)

TJ