Sign in to follow this  
kaibabkiller

Rage Slip-cams

I was just wondering what everyones using to keep the blades from opening?

I was going to use rubber bands but havent found any small enough.

I shoot the Rage 2 Blade and dont have a issue with blade retention. You can purchase replacement o-rings & blades at Cabela's or BPS.

I tried the rage and couldn't get them to fly accurate from my set up and returned them for a refund. One of the blades fell apart and that was enough to turn me against using them. I want to really try and use these mechanical blades but still haven't found one that I can trust. I will continue to try everyone that comes on the market. Not impressed so far. :)

TJ

I tried the rage and couldn't get them to fly accurate from my set up and returned them for a refund. One of the blades fell apart and that was enough to turn me against using them. I want to really try and use these mechanical blades but still haven't found one that I can trust. I will continue to try everyone that comes on the market. Not impressed so far. :)

TJ

I've used three different heads, all of which had LESS than stellar results. No more messing around with the mechanicals for me.

Thanks for all the input. I was wondering if people were having issues with them as far as blade deployment during spot and stalk hunting.

It doesnt seem like the blades are held closed very well. Ive been shooting the G5 montec for a couple years now and have lost faith in them.

Everyone I talk to says try the rage so I figured Id give them a shot.

TJ

I've used three different heads, all of which had LESS than stellar results. No more messing around with the mechanicals for me.

Has anyone shot the meat seeker 3 blade at all? I bought some in bulk because they were real cheap, under $5 each. They're really compact in flight and group tight. I dont think the blades are quite as strong or sharp as they could be and the tolerances seem a little sloppy. But the head itself and the mechanics of it seem very reliable. I used them on the buck I killed this jan on the initial and finishing shot. Both opened before entry. The first shot hit and broke ribs and was unharmed. The last broke a blade off after exiting the animal and hitting rock. Still want to use them more before I call it. But first impression is they're a good broadhead.

My brother guided Randy Ulmer for an elk a few years ago and said he uses dental floss to hold his Rage blades in.

Ive been shooting the G5 montec for a couple years now and have lost faith in them.

Mind if I ask why?

TJ

hey TJ just wondering if you have tried the Blood Runners by NAP?????

Ive shot 2 deer with the G5 montecs, both shots were decent hits, not in the heart but the deer should have expired within a reasonable amount of time. Needless to say I spent the remaining time of two hunts tracking wounded deer, Im talking a few days, not hours. I just dont think they perform as well as others. Sucks cause they shot great in my set up.

I have heard that from numerous sources about the Montec, you cant just screw them in and hunt, you have to spend some time with a stone and grit paper to get a good edge on them. I havent tried them because of that, but everyone says they fly great.

TJ

hey TJ just wondering if you have tried the Blood Runners by NAP?????

No I haven't! :)

TJ

I gut shot a buck last year due to a Rage blage that was loose from stalking, I recovered the horns but the coyotes ate the rest. Threw those away and tried Muzzy's but those flew like crap and I could not tune them. Finally tried the G5 Strykers and they flew great. Took my first bull elk in september with tthe Stryker and it was devastating, the bull only made it 60 yards.