Redman

Unit 32 Nov. Buck

Beautiful buck Andy, congratulations!! I shot a 4x3 in 33 that goes about 102 gross, I will post a pick and details in a few hours, shot him saturday...

M. Butler

WOW congrats on a fantastic lookin buck. good to see quilty bucks out of a unit i enjoy hunting. ;)

Beautiful buck Andy, congratulations!! I shot a 4x3 in 33 that goes about 102 gross, I will post a pick and details in a few hours, shot him saturday...

M. Butler

Hurry up and post em ;)

Redman

Great story and amazing you even got him with a scope jarred out of whack 1 day before. Just a little help from your friends...

I'll join in here, and say that is a great deer. :D It was also neat to meet you in person out there in the middle of nowhere. ;)

I hunted those hills you told us about this morning from about 0700 until about 1220 and could see deer the entire time. But I couldn't put any horns on them. :blink: I then headed back up that huge hill we came off of Wed. night (with some La Casita #5's to go) and saw one lone buck with a couple doe. We watched them for three hours, but they wouldn't move. In the last shooting light I put one about 50 yards behind the bush they were laying in, but they didn't even look over there. :( I had a blast, and can't wait til December!

I'll join in here, and say that is a great deer. B) It was also neat to meet you in person out there in the middle of nowhere. :P

I hunted those hills you told us about this morning from about 0700 until about 1220 and could see deer the entire time. But I couldn't put any horns on them. :( I then headed back up that huge hill we came off of Wed. night (with some La Casita #5's to go) and saw one lone buck with a couple doe. We watched them for three hours, but they wouldn't move. In the last shooting light I put one about 50 yards behind the bush they were laying in, but they didn't even look over there. ;) I had a blast, and can't wait til December!

It was also nice to meet you in person Bass, and thanks for the ride. Hope you liked my recommendation for the #5.

These deer will sometimes not move for anything. A friend of mine walked around a juniper twice before the buck in it ran out. This was after he was talking with 10 feet of the tree, saying "the buck is not in there" my friend was like yes he is, I can see him. Finally he walked up to the tree again and it bolted out.

I cannot wait until January (I have to wait until the new year ;) ). If you guys are out in January let me know, like I said I have a unit 33 Javellina tag also and will be spending plenty of time looking for one.

Talk to ya later. Redman