Sign in to follow this  
hunter1026

big buck

Yep I'm going to have to agree with you and a few others on this one. I took a better look at him and this is what I cam up with.

Right Left

G1 2 2 (hard to see)

G2 6 1/5 6 1/2

G3 8 8

G4 3 3

MB 14 14

Mass 27

Spread 10

Total 101

This was just a generic guesstimate but I think I should be within 10 inches but it wouldn't be the first time I was off by more then 10 inches. I don't see this buck being bigger the the buck posted by Weston titled 2011 Buck and he was unofficially score at 115 2/8th. It looks like this bucks rack would fit inside Weston's bucks rack. Still a very nice buck thanks for the pics hunter1026.

125-130 + classs shooter - droppem if ya get the chance - a very nice buck

my avatar is 119 and this buck looks as big plus an extra point measurement of 4 inchs plus 2 mass measurements so add another 4 inchs - so i figured 119 + 8 == 127

Wow!! I'll bet you are a fisherman too!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice buck! Narrow spread, short main beams, light in the mass. Maximum of 105. Still a very nice buck though.

Perfect buck to hang a Super Raffle tag on eh? ;) I'm a bit high and your a bit low in my opinion... :)

Sorry but some of you guys are way off. No way that buck approaches 120. He's a nice buck with promise, but very small frame with short beams and short brows. I think he's lucky to hit 105.

+1

Guest super jumbo
Nice buck! Narrow spread, short main beams, light in the mass. Maximum of 105. Still a very nice buck though.

Perfect buck to hang a Super Raffle tag on eh? ;) I'm a bit high and your a bit low in my opinion... :)

I get the humor / inside joke on that one coues and sheep, and i must say good one and you got me. Just make sure you know the whole story first. When someone says they are not going to shoot under any circumstances and the gun goes off and blows your ear out without any warning, what are you supposed to do. We were off by 4 inches at a 1000 yards on our initial guess, and thats why we were going to get a better look(look only), and kaboom out of the blue. I also know that my scoring ability needs a little tweaking. Back to the buck picture, i am not saying that my guess on a score is fact and he is a real nice buck, but i still think he is 100-105(not good enough for the super raffle tag unless the hunter decides in his mind to shoot it anyways,lol).

[/u]e='hunter1026' date='Jan 15 2011, 06:36 PM' post='240153']

what do you guys think this buck will score?

Until someone puts him down, the only thing he's gonna score are does... lots and lots of does!

I get the humor / inside joke on that one coues and sheep, and i must say good one and you got me. Just make sure you know the whole story first. When someone says they are not going to shoot under any circumstances and the gun goes off and blows your ear out without any warning, what are you supposed to do. We were off by 4 inches at a 1000 yards on our initial guess, and thats why we were going to get a better look(look only), and kaboom out of the blue. I also know that my scoring ability needs a little tweaking. Back to the buck picture, i am not saying that my guess on a score is fact and he is a real nice buck, but i still think he is 100-105(not good enough for the super raffle tag unless the hunter decides in his mind to shoot it anyways,lol).

LOL, Dave... $hit happens... Hope your ears recovered! I definately over looked a few things on this buck picture and that is easy to do in the field as well...Your 105 is a good conservitive guess IMO... one thing I've learnd is that most close up trail cam pics are deceiving...but I still bet on this buck going really close to the 110" make if measured on the ground... a no Brainer either way with a bow!!

CnS,

I know these are all opinions and we all know what they are like :), but I'd love to put money on this one with you. My son is going to be born in 4 weeks, and I need help with his college fund ;).

That last picture really shows what he is in my opinion. And look how short his face is in pic 1. YOUNG deer in my opinion, and he won't even scare 110" :P .

Hunter1026, put this deer on the ground and end all this debate!

Guest super jumbo

LOL, Dave... $hit happens... Hope your ears recovered! I definately over looked a few things on this buck picture and that is easy to do in the field as well...Your 105 is a good conservitive guess IMO... one thing I've learnd is that most close up trail cam pics are deceiving...but I still bet on this buck going really close to the 110" make if measured on the ground... a no Brainer either way with a bow!!

Good stuff brother, good stuff. Nice to meet you couesandsheep. I keep learning just when you think you got this stuff figured out its time to start over. I just love chasing these coues deer, and learning something new every day about them. I know next time i will be wearing ear plugs, and i will subtract 3-4 inches on my guess before i make the call though. By the way that was his biggest buck. Getting a closer look turned deadly somehow. He still ended up scoring 111(not bad).

I KILLED HIM!! I KILLED HIM!!... :ph34r:

2007Deerhunt023.jpg

2007Deerhunt020.jpg

Just kidding...

I shot this buck a few years ago and thought that I had killed a 110-115 buck...walked up and realized he was just a baby :(

Buck in the pic looks a little heavier he may go 100" but not much more...great buck with awesome potential

I guess you will just have to pass his location onto one of us unlucky hunters who have not yet tagged out. I volunteer as the "sucker" who needs to end this debate and score him on the ground. Ok, so where did you say he was again? Just PM me, that will be easier! :)

Nice buck JACK what it score? Looks a lot like the buck in this post I can't image there being much difference in score between the two.

Nice buck JACK what it score? Looks a lot like the buck in this post I can't image there being much difference in score between the two.

I thought they looked an awful lot alike...Kinda funny...Guess thats why I posted it...My buck was only like 98"...So thats why I say the buck in the pic isn't much over 100" if he even makes 100" :ph34r: Just my opinion...Great buck regardless and you gotta love seeing those 4 point genes in your spot ;)