COOSEFAN

Back from another 3 straight weeks!

Howdy all, I'm home finally but I'm heading right back down in a couple days to finish out the season! I'm extremely short on time and i've got a ton of experiences and photos I want to share so I'll try to get something on here when I can.

The rut for the Muley's and the Coues started out with a bang at the end of Dec and first week of Jan but as soon as the temps started approaching the high 80's it shut down for the most part :( :angry: I couldn't beleive the rutting action with the Coues that early on, it was awesome! It was primarily the younger bucks going crazy but the older bucks were starting to show up as well. The heat definitely had a negative affect on the rut and primarily the activity of the deer after that first week. It's still not looking good for the next 10 days and we've had our work cut out for us!

I did have a day to hunt for myself on my birthday and after a crazy rodeo in the middle of nowhere I killed a decent buck. It wasn't the one I wanted but I had a blast hunting by myself and chasing a giant in the process! I'll try to whack that giant with my bow before the season is over ;)

I've got a couple pics that you guys won't beleive! Here is one that I've got loaded already, story to follow when I can!

How many folks can say that a Boa Constrictor slithered up to them and helped them glass for Coues deer???!!! It happened to me!

2010-11Mex2072.jpg

Oh Crap!!!!! I hate snakes............. Bring on the deer pics!

Congratulations on your birthday buck and look forward like the rest to see and hear more. :)

TJ

Hey all, It's been hard to spend time with the wife and still get all my emails, pics and calls done, I'm still working on it!

I did just put some more pics on my website, you won't believe some of them, check em' out when you get the chance.

BTW.....I've had a passion for snakes ever since I was a kid, I just can't mess around with the rattling kind anymore and need to avoid those if possible ;)

This is where the new pics are and more to come if I find the time.... http://recenthuntsatmullins.blogspot.com/

Awesome!! thanks for posting....the Boa..The coyotes... CRAZY!!

Now THAT is cool. I've yet to come across a Sonoran Boa, but that is a good sized one. They max out at about 7', but rarely get over 5 and that guy looks over 5 for certain. Sonoran Boa is basically a typical common boa at the northern end of its range, although they are somewhat different in size and coloration and therefore been classified as a subspecies. Another cool thing, a Sonoran Boa that size is likely over 20 years old! ;)

Now that is some crazy stuff right there Jim. Looking forward to your stories and pics when you get back, go get 'em bud.